Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oops total meltdown not very embarrassing ..

(7 Posts)
Elizabeth120914 Wed 13-Aug-14 14:27:24

Well been so sore, tired and fed up been up since 6am cleaning for health visitor which i didn't need to do and then dragged myself to midwife. I've been waiting 3 weeks for this appointment after being fobbed off by advice line..

I'm really struggling to drive now and last time I was measuring really big so they wanted this appointment to see if a growth scan was needed. I'm 36 weeks and didn't have a 34 week cos my midwife is junk.

Anyway I get in there in agony stagger across the car park and guess what the midwife has gone home!

The dr receptionist was very kind and put me on to hospital who basically said make another appointment next one being in two weeks!! I've had no birth plan or chat about anything and am supposed to be high risk.

Well I lost it hysterical tears the works. Phoned community midwife and they are sending someone to the house just can't get a grip don't know what's wrong with me been sobbing for about half an hour waiting at home. When she turns up I'm going to look like a nut job..

scarletoconnor Wed 13-Aug-14 14:32:47

You poor thing. Sounds like really inadequate care.
Try and write all your concerns and worries down before she gets there so even if you get upset you wont forget anything important and if you are measuring more than 2cms large for dates its NHS gold standard to arrange a growth scan so insist on that if you are more than 2cm's larger.

Don't feel embarrassed if you had gotten appropriate care in the first place you wouldn't have needed to get upset

Squtternutbaush Wed 13-Aug-14 14:34:10

I'm sure they're used to pregnant ladies and their hormones so I wouldn't worry about looking like a but job. Can you try relax with a cuppa or something?

It does sound a bit hectic so I'm not surprised its getting on top of you.

You mention the Health Visitor do you have a toddler too, could someone look after him/her for a few hours?

The midwife shouldn't have been able to leave if your appointment was booked, especially if its an important check!

If you are high risk could you speak to your consultant about these issues?

Elizabeth120914 Wed 13-Aug-14 14:35:35

I just never get publicly upset ever and to go off like that is unheard of..

She tried to say she thought she had seen me already because it was someone with a similar name - mines double barrelled and very unusual so that would be a no!

Made such a massive complaint at the dr u wouldn't believe it. Was way more than 2cm three weeks ago she's appalling can't believe hospital unit didn't give a toss either it's ridiculous u have to be hysterical to get basic care clearly where I've been going wrong..

Saying that she still hasn't turned up so time will tell..

Elizabeth120914 Wed 13-Aug-14 14:39:38

I'm going to demand a consultant appointment when she turns up had more than enough now and atleast he's nice!

TwigletFiend Wed 13-Aug-14 14:43:18

Oh dear, brew for you! sad

I'd definitely make sure you have everything written down that you want to ask about before she arrives. That way you can focus on driving the conversation the way you want it to go.

I would stress that you feel the need to feel aware and in control ahead of your birth, especially if whatever it is that makes you high risk carries any risks of complications. Ask if you can see a consultant in the immediate future to help allay your anxieties, as you feel like your mental health is being neglected.

I wouldn't worry about how she sees you. Frankly, I'm sure she's seen worse!

Elizabeth120914 Wed 13-Aug-14 14:47:12

I feel a bit sorry for her she's not the one that's caused the issues but she's going to get it big style I'm raging and upset now it's appalling..

I've got pernicious anaemia and a pelvis full of adhesions with a large baby if they had to do a c section it could be really serious as I'm riddled with scars already but no one seems to care feel like strangling someone ..

My fault kept saying I was ok I suppose not wanting to be a pain sadly I'm in agony now with my back and ribs so out look has kind of changed.. Let's hope this one turns up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now