Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I'm in labour....

(39 Posts)
Cupcakes123 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:20:10

And ooohhhh it's quite ouchy confused

Trying to distract myself until these bastard contractions are close enough to go back to the hospital

Not due until the 22nd and this is my PFB so a bit surprised by it all

Flumpy2012 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:24:06

How exciting!! How far apart are the contractions at the moment? Have you had any other symptoms like waters or the mucus plug? x

Eeeeep!!! I am 32 weeks so watching with great interest!! Good luck good luck!

SweetPeaPods Wed 13-Aug-14 08:28:16

Oooh good luck! Hope you get to meet your little one soon but not too soon!
Sleep if you can, eat if you can, or enjoy a nice soak in the bath

MrsGiraffe12 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:29:04

Exciting :-) I love a live labour thread. Good luck OP x

MummytoMog Wed 13-Aug-14 08:32:22

Have you got a tens machine? Awesome for early stages at home. Also, go in if you start vomming! Nobody told me that was a sign of transition and I waited for another two hours and had to drive in transition. Ow!

Cupcakes123 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:34:28

I had a show last week, my waters went at 5am, went off to hospital as they were an off colour. All ok though so they sent me home, all going to plan, having him in MLU so they like turfing people out til the last minute.

5 mins apart at the moment, I fear I will be here a while!
Debating if I should try and sleep for a bit but I don't think I'll be able too. Aarrgghh, I wish babies really came from the cabbage patch

BeccaBrkr7 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:35:33

I'm a day behind u and so badly want to be in labour too!! Good luck grin xx

Squtternutbaush Wed 13-Aug-14 08:37:24

Ooh good luck Cupcakes!

I found running several a hot bath and filling it with some nice bubbles helped with the pains and its the one place I could relax.

How far apart are your contractions? Is anyone with you? Is your hospital bag ready to grab and run in case things speed up?

Sorry for all questions, I'm excited grin

Heatherbell1978 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:45:16

Good luck! I'm due in 2 days and haven't had any major signs aside from some light cramping yesterday.......sigh.....so watching with interest!

Cupcakes123 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:46:15

I'm in the bath now, as soon as I got in from the hospital I threw myself in it and I'm not planning on moving anytime soon.
DP is here, mum (aka the most excited person in the world) is on her way round. Bags all packed and in the car so we are good to go.

This is strangely therapeutic. No one in RL knows about it as I can't be arsed with the texts/messages every 2 minutes. I know they mean well but it's annoying!

bonkersLFDT20 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:49:57

Awwww, all the best internet stranger!

Try and walk if you feel like it. That will get things going and the head moving down the right way.

ThisIsBULLSHIT Wed 13-Aug-14 08:51:22

Ooooh good luck!!! I didn't go into labour naturally either time but 5 mins apart seems pretty good going.

Redling Wed 13-Aug-14 09:03:59

Oh my God how exciting! I hope the bath helps, I want a waterbirth and was hoping being in the bath would help while I was at home. How far apart do your contractions have to be before the MLU let you in? 5 mins sound like good going there though! Massive good luck!

Gen35 Wed 13-Aug-14 09:07:42

Good idea not to tell anyone else in rl because the constant badgering for updates will get old quickly, people expect it to take a few hours! Good luck!! Try and get some rest if you can...

Greenstone Wed 13-Aug-14 10:19:21

Good luck! This is how my labour started smile

ACM88 Wed 13-Aug-14 10:32:06

Of how exciting, best of luck!!!!

As others have said, relax as much as possible, let your mom look after you!

X

Rachie1986 Wed 13-Aug-14 10:35:35

Good luck!

EssexGirlLottie Wed 13-Aug-14 10:49:46

Good luck! I'm due today and v jealous. No signs of baby at all for me.

WienerDiva Wed 13-Aug-14 10:53:43

Exciting!!!! Love these threads!!! Safe arrival little one x

sillymillyb Wed 13-Aug-14 10:55:01

Oh I'm so excited for you! Good luck!

NovemberRainbow Wed 13-Aug-14 10:56:26

Good luck, hope everything's going as well as possible.

hartmel Wed 13-Aug-14 11:26:11

Good luck! Hopefully baby will be here soon

FreeLikeABird Wed 13-Aug-14 11:32:50

Good luck op,how exciting, this has bought back all my memories from have my PFB smile

broodysnoopstie Wed 13-Aug-14 11:41:21

How exciting! Good Luck hope it's as smooth and easy as possible(!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now