Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

really bad morning sickness

(7 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 11-Aug-14 19:06:32

had this with dd1 but never this bad - have been sofa bound for 3 days and couldnt face work today. having bloods checked as have thyroid prob and pernicious anaemia. eating gimger nuts but hate them. gotta go work 2moz but worried, got a physical job sad

ineedsleepzzz Mon 11-Aug-14 20:32:42

Hi my doctor gave me a tablet called cyclizine, worked for me but i take my last tablet tonight. Completely understand being sofa bound. I just put up with sickness in my first pregnancy but wish i had know there was stuff they could give me, talk to your doctor. Hope you feel better soon thanks

Primaryteach87 Tue 12-Aug-14 00:18:26

Sending you a massive hug. I had three weeks off work between 6-9 weeks. Felt so guilty but boss was amazing. Rest, rest, rest.

TwigletFiend Tue 12-Aug-14 09:38:31

As PP has said above, there are anti-emetics they can give you that are fine to take in pregnancy. You (and your work life!) don't need to suffer, see a GP and ask to have them prescribed. There are several options you can try if one or the other doesn't work for you smile In the meantime, try to stay hydrated. Lots of good ideas and support on the Hyperemesis Support thread. If you can't keep water down, try ice cubes or ice lollies. Hope you can get it sorted soon thanks

deenamathew Tue 12-Aug-14 10:40:29

Even i suffered a lot i had consult my doctor and given a tablet cyclizine to have. It has worked for me. I read an article about morning sickness in that given a valuable information when we need to call a doctor.

www.webmd.com/baby/morning-sickness-pregnant

northyorksbelle Tue 12-Aug-14 10:45:26

Daisy dee I too have found the ginger biscuits to be a total failure in dealing with the nausea. I'm currently almost 10 weeks along with dc3 and I've never had the sicks this early or this bad. I hardly day say it because people will only imagine the grease and think me mental but McD fries are just about the only thing I've been able to take. It must be the salt. Sparkling water is also sitting better than still too. I can't explain it but it's working.

daisydee43 Wed 13-Aug-14 21:03:46

northyorks - lol just had mcds and sparkling water. normal water makes me gag and squash/soda makes me more sick. finished work for the week now god knows how i got through it - told colleagues i had a bug so spent last 2 days sitting down smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now