Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lactating again 15months after stopping breastfeeding??

(7 Posts)
eatscakefornoreasonwhatsoever Fri 08-Aug-14 15:59:29

Try testing with first morning urine as it's stronger. Youmay as as the GPs won't be able to see you until Monday

weebairn Fri 08-Aug-14 15:57:36

Yes high prolactin levels can make men and women lactate.

weebairn Fri 08-Aug-14 15:57:08

There are a few unusual endocrine conditions which can make you lactate (men too). Pregnancy is a far more likely answer.

If you're still getting negative tests in a week or so, I'd see your GP about it, they'll do some bloods.

blamber Fri 08-Aug-14 14:07:14

Yep GP is a good thing as they can check your prolactin levels too. Not sure if high levels of this can cause leaking?

LittlePeasMummy1 Fri 08-Aug-14 13:17:31

Hello, the best thing to do is to prob make a GP appointment and get some bloods done. They can have a look at your hormone levels to see if you are pregnant, and to check that everything else is as it should be.

eatscakefornoreasonwhatsoever Fri 08-Aug-14 12:45:25

Yes it is possible. My milk had just dried up when I got pg and it came back in pretty quickly.

jasmin2311 Fri 08-Aug-14 12:41:53

Hi All,

My daughter is 20 months old, I have not breastfed her for 15months. I have noticed that I am now lactating again. I have been feeling run down and tired lately but put it down to working full time/being a mummy.

I feel the odd drop seep out randomly throughout the day. It is not enough to justify using breastpads, but I can tell that if I were to squeeze my breast some would come out. Much like how I lactated towards the very end of my first pregnancy.

I am on the pill, and have only had 1-2 periods since I started this pill 19months ago, so if I were pregnant I wouldn't notice through late periods like most would.

I took a test to be safe, however it was in the evening and was negative. So if I am pregnant, it must be very early days. I will try again next week.

Does anybody know if it is possible to lactate so early in with a second pregnancy?

Or, are there any reasons other than potential pregnancy as to why I could be lactating like this again?

Any comments would be a great help. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now