Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How can I work out how far along I am?

(7 Posts)
sportysally Fri 08-Aug-14 12:11:00

Hi... Took a HPT (well two actually!) on Monday after feeling really sick and tired for a week and it was +ve! Saw GP yesterday but we're not quite sure how far along I am. LMP was 8th July which based on that date would mean I had symptoms and a +ve result (very blue line straight away) at only two and a half weeks. I was late the month before by nearly 12 days. So based on period before (29th May) I could be up to 10 weeks. Phoned to arrange scan and they have given me appointment based on LMP so not until 30th Sept but seeing midwife on 3rd Sept. Bit worried I'm much further on but the hospital won't see me any earlier. I've been really sick for about 10 days now along with sore boobs, bloating, fatigue etc. Should I just wait to see midwife or push for earlier appointment?

Artandco Fri 08-Aug-14 12:13:49

No idea, both times I just knew I was pregnant and went for scan.ds1 I was 16weeks, ds2 was 20 weeks smile. Was great actually as no faffing around early on and pregnancy seemed to go quiet quick as first half virtually unnoticed

Not sure this is the recommended option though

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 08-Aug-14 12:16:35

I am a bit confused by the timeline. So based on lmp you are currently 4+3 ish? So you were nearly 4 weeks when you got the positive test? Isn't it most likely you are bang on or just ovulated a couple of days early?

Sorry if I am missing something.

sportysally Fri 08-Aug-14 12:32:19

Yes possibly PenguinsHatchedAnEgg... It's more the symptoms that seem out. On LPM date I started sickness symptoms at about 2 and a half weeks which GP thinks is early to be feeling so bad. Plus both HPT showed up straight away as very strong blue line. I've not missed a period yet.

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 08-Aug-14 12:37:35

How have you not missed a period if your last was 8 July. Do you have very long cycles?

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 08-Aug-14 12:38:30

ps I know people who felt shitty at three weeks, I don't think it is that weird. smile

sportysally Fri 08-Aug-14 12:40:01

Still working it out - last cycle 40 days. Only came off pill end May.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now