Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reflex syncope

(5 Posts)
Tilpil Fri 08-Aug-14 11:06:18

Has anyone else had this whilst pregnant and can tell me any issues they have had with regards the baby? After passing out for the last two years and now at 20 weeks pregnant up to 8 times a day I have finally got a diagnosis but there isn't much information with regards pregnancy with it if anyone is able to give me their experience or a good place for information as nothing really on the internet for it whilst pregnant thank you

Tilpil Fri 08-Aug-14 20:41:17

Anybody?

ShyGirl1001 Sat 09-Aug-14 04:27:04

Hi, I've not been diagnosed, but recon that and POTS was what I've been suffering from. As far as I can tell there isn't any danger to pregnancy, just make sure you don't fall over - sit down and rest ASAP if you feel it coming on.

I find that laying down on my left side helps, also sleeping on left side to help blood flow (doesn't help that now my hip goes numb sad). Also drink tons of water to stay hydrated and eat little and often to keep blood pressure up. Staying cool also helps - I took thermos flasks of ice water to work and helped me a lot.

Tilpil Sat 09-Aug-14 08:46:04

Thank you the doctor worried me talking about baby not getting enough oxygen but couldn't really help so slightly worried.
Will try sleeping on my left my hip/ leg goes numb when I do is that part of it?
I am not allowed in work with it so I at least don't need to worry about that smile
Eased my mind abit though thank you

ShyGirl1001 Sat 09-Aug-14 09:01:29

Hip leg going numb is luck of the draw... Never had it before, think baby is lying on a nerve! It goes after a moment when I move smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now