Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else left?! 40+10

(9 Posts)
hannahlucyellen Thu 07-Aug-14 14:12:16

I've been on a few threads with ladies who were over due but all seem to have had their babies, and it's only me left!

Is there anyone else out there?!

I'm 40+10 today, induction booked for Sunday. I had a sweep Tuesday and then had a show, lost my plug yesterday, and have had contractions on and off for 2 days... I've also become incredibly hormonal these last 2 days... is that sign?! Never normally this weepy and so quick to anger!

Loujim2 Thu 07-Aug-14 14:18:57

Hope your wee one arrives soon! I'm 38 weeks today and would happily go into labour now so can't imagine how you feel! xx

nyldn Thu 07-Aug-14 14:24:44

I'm here! 40+6. Having a sweep on Tuesday, then again next Friday if need be, then expectant mgmt. I'm really hoping for spontaneous labour this weekend, but I've had no show, no increased BH, etc. so just waiting....

Hobby2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 14:27:56

Nope you're not alone!
I'm 40+7, had a sweep on Tuesday, nothing.
Induction this Tuesday if nothing has kicked off by then.
Our babies are far to happy!

Can you get another sweep before induction? Might be worth calling and asking? Might be enough to tip you over if your niggling. I was 40+13 with my dd and it was awful!

hannahlucyellen Thu 07-Aug-14 15:04:08

It's so frustrating as I've been having so many pre labour signs and was so so excited, I just feel worn out by the whole thing now!

My midwife is now away on holiday, and the hospital were fully booked Saturday, which is why I'm in a day late (apparently) for my induction on the Sunday.

If it is close I'm wondering if sex would tip it over the edge?! Irritate the cervix a bit into some sort of action?!

woodhj Thu 07-Aug-14 15:44:14

40+5 here, had sweep yesterday but no joy as of yet! im sure sex has a better effect the the sweep. 1cm dilated and thick cervics according to midwife. Its my 3rd and never thought I would go over. Im measuring 42 weeks and expecting 10lb baby so the longer it goes on the bigger baby gets. Ive had lots of headaches since the sweep, it maybe coincidence but don't really suffer with headaches.
My induction is next Thursday so some comfort knowing hopefully this time next week I will be in labour

Bondgirl35 Thu 07-Aug-14 23:21:38

Hannahlucyellen im in the exact same boat. I'm 40+10 Had a sweep on Tuesday, have had mild period pains & slight cramping since but nothing major. Am set to be induced on Sunday but would love to have natural birth before. After having sex (which was advised by midwife to soften the cervix) I lost the mucus plug (not sure how this has sped anything up though). Good luck!! We WILL have these babies sooooon!confused

hannahlucyellen Wed 13-Aug-14 17:18:20

Ladies,

How did it all go? I am now home from hospital with my baby boy!
I had a 44 hour eventful labour!

The labour started naturally Thursday morning at 2am, contractions became more regular so went into hospital at about 8am, was told I was only 3cm and to go home, but I felt like something was wrong, but went home. Labour progressed and contractions came every 2 minutes, so went back in and was told I was only 3cm, still after hours of contractions coming very regularly. I felt the baby’s position was wrong. They told me to come back in when they were more than 3/4 in 10 minutes (which I’d been having!)

Anyway, went back in and they said I could stay, but they didn’t seem to believe me that contractions had been so frequent! They checked me again and I was 7cm, so suddenly they believed me and took me to labour ward. Went into birthing pool and only progressed to 8cm in 5 hours…. doctors pulled me out of birthing pool to see what was wrong, turns out baby was back to back but the head wasn’t moving down so they took me to monitor baby, and found he was distressed. They tried to turn him but couldn’t, then things changed quickly I was taken into theatre for a forceps delivery with epidural, but his head was too high so I was given a spinal block and taken through for c section. I unfortunately could feel the anaesthetists pin on my leg… the block hadn’t worked well enough so was then told it would need to be general anaesthetic, so DH couldn’t be there sad

The theatre team were lovely, very reassuring, and I literally passed out and woke up the next second, very groggy to DH holding our baby boy!

Not exactly the labour I had planned, but I survived dilation to 8cm (and stayed there for bloody ages) with just the birthing pool and gas and air and was so confident of a vaginal delivery... how has everyone else got on?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now