Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who was with you when you done your home test?

(77 Posts)
Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:26:03

Ive just text my partner to say think its test time and his reply was im going for a pint...i dont want to do it on my own sad am i being soft by wanting someone with me?

Is it something you both want? I think that makes a difference.

I tested alone and with dh, but either way dh would have preferred to be there to find out.

You sound upset. Are you ok?

What I'm trying to say is, is it that you want someone with you? Or is it that you want him to want to be with you?

Does that make sense?

Mistyautumn Thu 07-Aug-14 13:31:29

No your not going soft. But, test is more accurate if you use first wee when you wake up so maybe do it tomorrow morning. Hopefully your other half won't be wanting a pint then!!

BikeRunSki Thu 07-Aug-14 13:31:51

By myself, both times. Deliberately.

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:33:39

That was first thing i asked is this still what you want he said yes but yav just hit me with it...erm no ive been hinting on all bloody week that im late, aching back constantly emotional and feeling sick..men eh!
I said i didnt want to do it alone and i was frightened. Im sobbing as just feel like im on my own...i dont want to feel this way anymore x

splendide Thu 07-Aug-14 13:34:32

I tested on my own - DH asleep upstairs. Didn't occur to me to have him there but then I was terrible, did loads of tests.

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:35:59

I wished really for him to want to be there cant have everything i suppose x

Sunbeam18 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:36:04

My cat!

sebsmummy1 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:36:25

In my first and only successful pregnancy I was in my own in a very grubby public toilet. Since TTC my second I have peed on thousands of ICs so it has tended to be a solo pursuit.

Sorry you OH is being an arse OP sad

SweetsForMySweet Thu 07-Aug-14 13:38:05

Are you ttc or unplanned? If you are ttc, it's a bit strange that he is going to the pub in the middle of the day rather than coming home to be with you to test. Good luck, I hope you get your bfp. I think you are just hoping that he would be more supportive and excited and that you are disappointed with his reply

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:38:41

Sunmeam18 that made me smile i will be crying again in a minute. x

No support now from him suppose i best get used to it x

You can test with us if you'd like? But I'll warn you now, we get very enthusiastic smile

Hopefully he's just having a wobble and acting like a prat.

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:40:15

Sweetsformysweet i am at work he has week off so it would of been test tonight when i got home. Its planned we both decided for me to come off my pill couple of months back x

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:41:44

Thats so nice to hear you say i can test with you guys this forum has helped me so much this week x

We're a lovely bunch underneath it all smile

You do need to have a talk with your dp when he's home about his reaction and what it means.

It's not good to go into this feeling unsupported.

WipsGlitter Thu 07-Aug-14 13:46:10

On my own both times. First time at home, second time at work.

Shedding Thu 07-Aug-14 13:49:31

Random sales assistant at work who I had met that day, and then abandoned to run the shop while I went to Boots to complain about their -obviously faulty test, and then buy lots more tests.

Are you trying for a baby? I think most women test alone. Maybe he doesn't want to be disappiointed?

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:51:04

If i mention it he will just go on the defense more than likely im best off cracking on with everything on my own fck it n fck him (sorry about my language) x

dancestomyowntune Thu 07-Aug-14 13:51:49

I have tested on my own and with dh. My first VERY clearly positive this time was in a toilet around the corner from the chemists! Once I'd bought it I couldn't wait to Poas! If your already late, and having symptoms, you could test at any time of day.

Lea, it doesn't sound like you're very happy in your relationship. I know I wouldn't want to start a family with someone who I couldn't communicate with.

Lea2014 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:52:32

We are trying yes i dont know what to do feel like leaving work early and heading home to bed tbh although i know lying moping wont solve anything x

FreeSpirit89 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:52:35

I was on my own with DS1, maybe he's just having a wobble.

Best thing is to speak with him, but if you want to do the test tonight were here smile

Oh and don't apologise for the language smile you can swear happily here (have you seen my name? grin )

He is a wank badger.

sebsmummy1 Thu 07-Aug-14 13:54:10

Yep we will be here with you OP grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now