Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else finding overactive baby making them nauseous?

(15 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Tue 05-Aug-14 22:43:05

for the last week baby has been moving so much, movements are so prominent i'm getting proper kicks and punches and thuds and stretches grin its making me feel quite nauseous and tired. am 30 weeks

RubyRuby007 Tue 05-Aug-14 23:12:48

I had this too, probably around 30 weeks as well! Only lasted a while (or I got used to it!), intermittently for a couple if weeks, if that's any help! One of my friends who is a nurse assured me that it was quite normal smile Also as time went on, fewer kicks and punches, and a lot more stretches - must be getting quite cramped in there! wink

I was going to post a similar thread the other day but changed my mind!!!!

I'm 29w and when this little one gets her disco shoes on, I feel awful. It's almost like going over a hill in a car type feeling. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Little lady is currently breech and I have an anterior placenta so most of the movements are up near my ribs which I think makes it worse.

Fingers crossed it settles.

Missingcaffeine Wed 06-Aug-14 06:55:42

Yes! I'm 33 weeks. Last few weeks often feel sick when baby is moving.

CarmineRose1978 Wed 06-Aug-14 08:34:30

Yes, me too! I'm 24 weeks, and he's been kicking so hard - whenever I've eaten I feel sick if he starts wriggling about, like he's banging into my stomach. It's really annoying because I only stopped getting moring sickness at about week 22! I do love feeling him move though.

Groovester Wed 06-Aug-14 08:44:08

Yes! 27 weeks and as much as I love feeling baby move, it can be hard going. Exactly like going over a hill fast in a car!!!

ladydolly Wed 06-Aug-14 11:33:24

Yes!! Also up high under my ribs but she's generally very wriggly and does make me queasy. Although the other morning it all slowed down and I totally panicked so I guess she can't win!

marrappa Wed 06-Aug-14 11:48:37

yes I was exactly the same between 30 to 33 weeks made me very sick because kept rolling over and squirming very normal

Bekry123 Wed 06-Aug-14 12:12:45

It still makes me feel sick at 39 weeks, im glad i can feel the baby move but i really hate it, freaks me out!

lighteningmcmama Wed 06-Aug-14 21:48:10

Thank you all for your replies, it's good to know I'm not alone!! My other 2 dcs weren't like this at all!

lighteningmcmama Fri 08-Aug-14 16:15:44

I had a mw appt yday and it turns out the baby is probably back to back and that explains the crazy increased movements I've had in the past week. I'm only 31w (I think! It's dc3 so I lose count blush )

So now I've got to concentrate on good fetal positioning. Which is hard because I am putting my feet up when I get a chance because of my severe varicose veins, it's one of the few things that eases the pain..

BumpNGrind Fri 08-Aug-14 16:21:17

spinningbabies.com/ I've found this website and I'm giving it a go. Disclaimer - this is my first DC, I have no idea if it actually works but thought I'd have a look at the exercises

skupio Fri 08-Aug-14 16:44:56

Yep I had 24 hours of non stop raving going on in there the other day. Very tiring.

lighteningmcmama Fri 08-Aug-14 20:26:02

Thanks bumpngrind very useful

Slavetominidictator Fri 08-Aug-14 20:36:46

I had one like this and felt pretty unwell with it. She is now two and is enormously energetic and has never needed much sleep. Was born very strong, I think, from so much exercise in utero.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now