Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bouncer / rocker / swing / baby gym?

(13 Posts)
Applesauce29 Tue 05-Aug-14 19:03:13

First time mum so don't really know what to get. Is it better to just wait until baby gets here and see what they like? Also, I really like the look of the wooden coco bloom rocker - anyone have experience of this - do babies like them?

britnay Tue 05-Aug-14 19:41:19

my son has always loved his baby bjorn bouncer

BananaPie Tue 05-Aug-14 19:41:47

A fairly basic bouncy chair and a playmat with a few dangly things to hit is all that I'd bother with.

GingerRodgers Tue 05-Aug-14 19:53:22

I've got a bouncy chair and a playmat. Dd loved hers so I'm hoping this baby will too! Plus it's something dd can 'show' the baby how to use (she's 2 and I'm trying desperately to think of ways to convince her she's 'helping'!) grin

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Tue 05-Aug-14 19:56:38

I agree with bananasmile

callamia Tue 05-Aug-14 19:58:21

We had a bloom rocket, it looked beautiful and it was very comfortable. DS learned to rock himself in it quite well - it didn't last more than six months; baby gym was ok until he could pull of over (about six months too), but I think it was worthwhile.

MummyBeerest Tue 05-Aug-14 20:06:03

My DD loved her swing, and so did I. Somewhere to put her that also soothed and entertained was awesome in my books.

Baby gyms, meh-blankets on the floor with toys sprawled around worked just as well.

Rosie2011 Tue 05-Aug-14 20:06:49

baby bouncer saved my life, needs to have vibrate as they love this and gets them to sleep. my baby had this from day one and now he sits in it and talks to the monkeys hanging down. mine is from mamas and papas. the more colorful the better. don't go fro anything boring like white. doesn't interest babies at all! well not my baby!
rainforest gym mat he loves but the best thing now he is 10 weeks is the rainforest jumperoo. look on amazon! these are the three things i would not even dream about not having. x

EstellaSpitsEmOut Tue 05-Aug-14 20:22:52

I would definitely wait to buy more expensive things until you know what they like. My DS loved the vibrating chair and we couldn't have done without it for sending him to sleep, but hated the swing. They are all different so best to wait and see, and if you can, borrow to begin with.

britnay Wed 06-Aug-14 11:34:31

The only problem with vibrating/swinging ones is that a) they get used to being swung to sleep, so may find it difficult to sleep without movement and b) requires batteries, so you sure as hell don't want to run out! smile

Only1scoop Wed 06-Aug-14 11:37:18

We had a coco rocker if I'm honest I bought it more because it looked like a beautiful piece of furniture ....however it was fantastic ....

Also had the fisher price rainforest baby gym....fantastic cant recommend highly enough smile

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 06-Aug-14 11:39:23

Ive just got a 3-in-1 Napper from.Tiny Love - its a seat that totally flattens and the sides come up for daytime sleeping. It also rocks (and stays put if you tilt the legs), vibrates and has an arm over with a light and toy display.

Im hoping it ticks all boxes tbh as it isnt cheap!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 06-Aug-14 11:40:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now