Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

never google how to induce labor when....

(36 Posts)
Boudica1990 Tue 05-Aug-14 18:54:20

Your OH is looking over your shoulder....

Yes he spotted it, not just the old sex to induce but the whole oral sex, swallow bit....

But even worse...I'm so desperate to get this baby out now...I followed Google's instructions.

The shame of it...OH is grinning like a Cheshire Cat hmm

Ive gone crazy, pregnancy has made me crazy!!

Crikey-hope it all goes well!

Artistic Wed 06-Aug-14 23:21:32

Why isn't anyone talking about castor oil? Works like magic!

EssexGirlLottie Thu 07-Aug-14 12:46:02

Where do you put it?

TropicalHorse Thu 07-Aug-14 12:50:09

I went four-wheel-driving over some very rough country! (passenger, not driver). Then I went for a longish walk through deep sand and up and down some dunes. I was EXHAUSTED, went home and crashed for 13 hours and woke up in established labour, 5 hours later DD popped out.

SweetPeaPods Thu 07-Aug-14 20:32:11

Get your breast pump out !

dancestomyowntune Fri 08-Aug-14 08:49:21

artistic castor oil is dangerous. my gran nearly died after taking it to start labour. and it gets VERY messy as it gives you the runs. sad

Artistic Tue 12-Aug-14 23:41:32

Really? I had it (4-5 spoons in a cup of tea...yuck!) with DD1 & it worked like magic. It did give me runs too, but my waters broke in 10 minutes & in 5 hours DD was born! I was 5 days overdue.

I have heard its dangerous - but am not certain how us it dangerous?

Flisspaps Tue 12-Aug-14 23:50:09

None of it works.

If it did, no-one would go through the undignified and potentially risky and largely unpleasant medical induction process.

GingerScouse Wed 13-Aug-14 11:10:49

It's dangerous as it causes dehydration due to the runs it gives you. So you go into labour but are very dehydrated.

It your being induced I would get on the evening primrose oil, hopefully help soften your cervix in readiness.

Flisspaps Wed 13-Aug-14 19:43:59

Castor oil can also cause the baby to pass meconium before birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now