Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I dont feel pregnant!

(14 Posts)
nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 14:39:18

First of all i am new to this, so i apologise if there is already a relevant thread!

Basically i found out that i'm pregnant on the 1/08/14, having experienced little to no symptoms. I've yet to have my first appointment with a midwife, which apparently a group thing :[ but im freaking out because other than a little breast tenderness, acid and tiredness, i feel like my regular self.

Bit of background, i've been pregnant three times prior with an ex and and each time i was ill, lost weight and couldn't eat by around 5 weeks.

Is this pregnancy something to worry about? Family already know and i feel like a liar!

Mmolly2013 Mon 04-Aug-14 14:51:04

my symptoms didn't kick in till around 7 weeks pregnant and even then they were very mild and then completely disappeared around 13-14 weeks. Everyone is different don't worry it will kick in at some point.

Mmolly2013 Mon 04-Aug-14 14:52:06

my symptoms didn't kick in till around 7 weeks pregnant and even then they were very mild and then completely disappeared around 13-14 weeks. Everyone is different don't worry it will kick in at some point.

nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 14:58:43

See my worry, is that my mum and eldest sister suffered with hypermesis, and i have previously. But this time nothing at all!

I'm convinced im 9weeks or so, and in the past by now i'd have lost a stone in weight and be sleeping between mouthfuls of lime jelly and ginger beer haha.

Mmolly2013 Mon 04-Aug-14 15:02:05

Every pregnancy is different, if your at all worried ring the hospital to see if they can do a quick scan. Maybe exaggerate a bit and say you are having no symptoms at all and after previous pregnancies your very worried.

nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 15:04:56

I've tried that, i was given an early bird group appointment for the 8th of this month :/ may pursue it by going into my doctors practice again, i just dont want to come across as a whingebag worrywort.

kulashaker Mon 04-Aug-14 15:05:17

i know how you feel, i am 8 weeks pregnant and dont feel pregnant at all! other than tender boobs i havent had any sickness or feel anymore tired that usual. i feel like a fraud! i think we just got to count ourselves as one of the lucky ones not to have had any horrible symptons!

i am just waiting for 12 week until i actually believe there is a baby in there!

i have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and was under the impression its a one on one things as its lots of form filling etc. i doubt very much they will do a group session for your first appointment??!

nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 15:18:23

I keep telling myself to stop whinging, less symptoms would be nicer haha. I thought it was a one on one thing, but the lady on the phone said 'group' :[ think i'll be asking the mother in law, it seems weird to me!

Mmolly2013 Mon 04-Aug-14 15:33:52

It couldn't be a group thing as they will have to ask you some personal questions.

nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 15:48:40

Hmm, my thoughts exactly. I thought maybe it was just because it's classed as an 'early bird' appointment, so assumed it was perhaps a sort of throw information at you prior to an official first midwife appointment, but i still feel awkward about it.

nerdsgirl Mon 04-Aug-14 21:34:04

Apparently the appointment is a group one! Its 'early bird' as i mentioned, and meant for small groups who have just found out the big news, presumably to settle nerves. Still, bit pointless when i just want to find out how far along i am...

nerdsgirl Tue 05-Aug-14 14:09:56

I know i'm being pedantic but worry is really starting to settle in now and i just don't have anyone to talk to - i may have had three positive test results but i have nothing else to go on, i do not feel pregnant and the worst is running through my mind.

I understand every pregnancy is different, but how can a person go from 3 pregnancies with every symptom possible and hypermesis, to this with nothing. I know my body, its been almost a week since i found out i was pregnant, i just want a bloody scan and for some one to tell me everything's okay.

Is there anything else i can do other than wait for this early bird appointment!?

Fairypants Tue 05-Aug-14 18:32:46

I felt the same in the early days but each pregnancy can be totally different. With dd1 I was so nauseous I couldn't face eating but was rarely actually sich. With dd2 I vomited quite a bit but felt fine. I had a mc last year where I felt dreadful until just before I lost the baby and then this pregnancy (currently 34 weeks) I barely felt sick at all (and was totally freaked out about it after my previous loss). They can all vary so much that there's no need to assume the worst.
Having said that, I was so nervous that I paid £75 for a private scan to put my mind at ease which did help a bit.

littleluna89 Thu 07-Aug-14 01:02:29

I think my morning sickness consisted of about 4 ill times vomiting fests at work, then I was right as rain the rest of my pregnancy. I have a friend who had hypermesis (?) and she was in and out of hospital and visiting throughout her entire pregnancy, everyone's different, chill and enjoy the not vomiting in case it doesn't last!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now