Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm going to be positive for a moment...

(6 Posts)
spence24 Wed 30-Jul-14 15:34:53

I've not been on here for a week or so, since we had our 12-week scan as it's all been a bit crazy in real life as a result!

Woke up the morning of the scan the most nervous I have ever been. Took all my strength not to be sick on the drive to the hospital. I'd worked myself up into believing that the scan would find nothing, or a MMC or some other problem that I was terrified.

It couldn't have gone more perfectly. Our sonographer was lovely, we saw an incredible heartbeat, a very cooperative baby who gave us a wave and then stayed still enough to get all measurements. Our due date was only 2 days out so we are right on track, and our NT measurements looked good enough that the sonographer felt confident enough to tell us there and then we had nothing to worry about.

To date I've still not gained any weight (I'm a bit of a chubster to start with!), and the midwives are very pleased with this. I saw a midwife for a nutrition check-up thingy last week who also told me that I have the right attitude - even though I did question her on my biscuit-eating capabilities...

I'm choosing to forget the fact that it's so bloody hot I can't stop sweating, or that my appetite is rubbish and I can only bear to eat curry or crunchy things (which friends find very funny), that I can't get comfy at night, or wake my OH up with my farts and twitchy legs - because everything is just so fab with the baby right now, and OHs 8 year old DD's face when we told her was the best reaction we could have hoped for. I am so glad we filmed it as I keep watching it back every couple of days, she is just so excited.

This ended up being longer than I thought it would be - and I'm totally expecting more rubbish pregnancy stuff to piss me off in the coming months, but I just wanted to record that right now, the positive feelings outweigh, or make up for the crappiness!

Gumblossom Wed 30-Jul-14 15:53:52

Congratulations! That is wonderful. I hope it all continues to go smoothly.

WiggleGinger Wed 30-Jul-14 16:17:02

This is wonderful!
Huge congratulations xxxxx

spence24 Wed 30-Jul-14 16:23:23

Thank you - I haven't even mentioned how great all my friends and family have been since we told them too, and I'm SO glad I could get it all out there! I'm the worst secret keeper ever! Friends have come forward and offered their time to keep my business operating while I take maternity leave, which means more to me than them buying us loads of clothes and toys.

I just always envisioned my child-bearing future to be hard and difficult and lonely like my mum's was raising us, and I just feel like I've broken the mould - something I'd always hoped but never expected.

Now, if only I can stopped crying at pictures of dogs on the internet, all will be brilliant! Stupid hormones!

Becca1818 Wed 30-Jul-14 16:38:54

Such a positive post! Congrats! smile

I am waiting for my 12 weeks scan date fingers crossed I get the same outcome!

LittlePeasMummy1 Thu 31-Jul-14 09:17:41

Best post ever, so happy for you smile smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now