Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

(46 Posts)
NinjaPanda34 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:02:48

I've just been for my 12 week scan... Yup, we're having non-identical twins!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
I'm in shock! Totally overwhelmed, but bursting with the need to tell someone! DH is in shock too and has had to go back to work bless him. (I'm a teacher on school holidays). They couldn't do the nuchal measurement either. Just had to share x

susiedaisy Wed 30-Jul-14 12:04:22

Congratulations that is huge newsgringrin

Awww congratulations! smile

WestEast Wed 30-Jul-14 12:04:46

Congratulations smile

Acolyte Wed 30-Jul-14 12:06:40

Congratulations.... twins!!

AppleBoat Wed 30-Jul-14 12:08:20

smile

Wow! Congratulations!

Thick question, but do they know the twins are non-identical because there is one of each sex, or is there another way to tell? confused

Greenstone Wed 30-Jul-14 12:09:32

Congrats! EEEP!

Firstpregnancy2014 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:10:05

Congratulations !! Is it your first pregnancy?
Do twins run in your family? How exciting!! Double the love

MrsMonkeyBear Wed 30-Jul-14 12:11:04

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations.

How sweet they'll always have a partner for the seesaw.

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 30-Jul-14 12:16:19

They can tell by how many sacs are there ... I think one sac is identical. Two are non! I maybe wrong

Congrats opthanks

susiedaisy Wed 30-Jul-14 12:17:59

It's two sacs for non Identical I think

mrsnlw Wed 30-Jul-14 12:32:40

Congrats OP :-) A colleague's wife had non identical twins in Dec last year. I remember my colleague calling in.... totally dumbfounded and gobsmacked that there were 2 lol

NinjaPanda34 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:38:30

Yup, Two sacs. Which apparently is less high risk than a shared one as they'll both get equal nutrients. Baby A is 50.7mm and Baby B is 50.1mm. Both measuring at 11+5. Couldn't get the sex of either. My Grandpa was a twin (non-identical), so I guess it DOES skip a generation! I am in shock! Thank you for your messages, I loved the idea of them always having a partner for the see-saw. Adorable! Big learning curve ahead methinks! x

squizita Wed 30-Jul-14 12:59:59

Congrats!!

Don't bank on them being the same size though: they both get a share of the nutrients which is consistent. One is often smaller rather than both small, it is nature's way she says being the small twin.

squizita Wed 30-Jul-14 13:00:45

...btw I was perfectly healthy just small for a full term baby! Such is they way with any twins.

JennyBlueWren Wed 30-Jul-14 13:04:20

Aww! Wonderful. Are they your first babies? If so then it's a readymade family.

Amrapaali Wed 30-Jul-14 13:05:34

Whoop, whoop!! Congratulations...

NinjaPanda34 Wed 30-Jul-14 13:16:00

Yup first pregnancy. Eeek! smile Does this mean now that I am now eating for 3? find me cake

Redling Wed 30-Jul-14 14:28:46

Oh my God congratulations! I hope it all goes well for you!

vestandknickers Wed 30-Jul-14 14:30:29

That's AMAZING!

I have twins and it is the best, most wonderful experience in the world.

Congratulations! Twins are wonderful, mine are nearly two smile

You won't know if you twins are identical (unless they are boy/girl) until you have their zygosity tested once they are born. 33% of DCDA twins are identical your sonographer has got it wrong! I know a few mums who thought they had non identical twins only to discover they are in fact identical after having them tested.

Marnierose Wed 30-Jul-14 16:11:31

Congratulations op how exciting. I hope you have a nice easy pregnancy with your two special little ones. Keep us posted.

VampireSquid Wed 30-Jul-14 16:14:24

My twins are just turned 14- fraternal, DD and DS. It has been tough and also absolutely amazing (I have younger DC too) and I can still remember the day I found out. Congratulations!

RetroHippy Wed 30-Jul-14 16:27:31

Wow!!! I was just thinking today that we haven't had many multiples on here recently grin

My bf had non identical twins last year, gorgeous, healthy, dead easy birth, little bit early but they were allowed home really soon. Wishing you a similarly smooth pregnancy and birth smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now