Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I have low levels of amniotic fluid?

(8 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 29-Jul-14 19:44:58

I am 28 weeks and the feel of this babys movements are much different to dds. I know each pg is different but I am almost in pain from the movements - especially the ones down in my pelvis. I feel every movement. Im talking 18 hours a day. Every single adjustment or twitch. The only time I get a break from the movement is if the baby tucks into my back - no movement but a load of back ache.

Im worrying that there is less fluid than there should be and that this is why I can feel everything. He also seems to have a mass of space - I get feeling right down into my pubic area, up in the ribs, right round each hip. Theres no restriction in there it seems!The feelings are very jarring and uncomfortable.

Am I just worrying over nothing?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 29-Jul-14 21:13:40

bump

CultureSucksDownWords Tue 29-Jul-14 21:18:55

I think it's impossible to tell from the baby's movements like this.

If you're worried then can you contact your midwife/midwife team? Or discuss it at your next appointment if you have one coming up.

2kidsintow Tue 29-Jul-14 21:24:36

When the midwife measures your bump does it tally? It's a cm for every week or something.

It was at a routine appt when my bump was measured and found to be 'small for dates' that I was referred to the hospital for a scan to check.

My movements felt uncomfortable. And my fluid levels were off the bottom of the chart that I saw on the consultant's wall.

As a result, I was given extra scans, taken in every couple of days for a monitor to be strapped on to listen for the heartbeat.

I was due to be induced at 37 weeks due to low fluid and instead went into labour (with a pathetic trickle instead of a gush when my waters went) at 36 weeks naturally instead.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 29-Jul-14 22:03:31

Ive yet to be measured. My next appointment is 4th August when I will be nearly 29weeks and it will be my first measure. I will mention about the feelings im having

Hope all was well 2kids!

EssexMummy123 Wed 30-Jul-14 00:23:11

I had low levels of fluid and i don't think the symptoms match up - i think low fluid means a very small / invisible bump - which i had, but i certainly didn't have these uncomfortable feelings.

Have you thought about having a private scan? you would probably find out more than a routine nhs scan.

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Wed 30-Jul-14 08:51:39

I had low waters with ds2.
I measured small from 30-ish weeks and every movement was painful from 37 (he came at 37+5), it felt like his limbs were just scraping along the inside without any buffer...bit like if you brush against a brick wall.

I'd call them if you're worried. No point having 5 more days of pain without telling someone!

Good luck

2kidsintow Wed 30-Jul-14 20:13:58

Oh, all was well. smile DD1 was small but perfectly formed, had a bit of jaundice because she didn't feed well, but is now a strapping 13 year old. smile

I went on to have DD2 and didn't have low waters but still went into labour early at 36 weeks. I'm just not built to cook them til they are completely done it seems. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now