Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uh oh pregnant again

(7 Posts)
Babiecakes11 Tue 29-Jul-14 15:28:10

Ok here goes we have ds who is 3 and has autism,
We have had 2 mc since his birth both unplanned pregnancy's and the latest would have been born around this time if I hadn't mc'd.
Until 2 month ago me dp were not using protection (he knew I wasn't protected) he is against having another due to our sons diagnosis this year. I was hoping I would fall as I was grieving about our latest mc.
Well 2 months ago I got over it and decided he was right now is not a good time as we have too much going on so I went back on the pill.
Well my period never arrived last week and I took a clear blue pregnancy test today and it says 2-3 weeks.
I'm scared to tell dp who will worry about everything and be angry like he was in January and I'm worried about everything I don't want to mc again and I'm scared it will happen and he is going to think I tricked him or something.
Just to point out I have not missed one pill as I really do not think it's the best time and I have not deceived him but he will think that.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 29-Jul-14 16:59:57

You really need to speak to husband and decide what you want to do as a couple and what's best for you as a family only you can make a decision.

Your ds will have some nursery funding now he is 3 and I assume he starts school next Sept?

Can you get respite additional nursery sessions to support you whilst pregnant and with a newborn?

Do you have family to support you?

Are you part of any autism support groups or have support from memphs?

Homestart should be able to offer some support

There is support available but no one can make a decision for you

Babiecakes11 Tue 29-Jul-14 18:49:33

Hey I won't see him until tomorrow.
Ds has been in a nursery since he was 2 and has another 2 years to go until he goes to school.
My main fear is telling him now and have it make our holiday next week awkward or wait unit I we get home and atleast we will be refreshed after a child free week x

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 29-Jul-14 19:35:42

I would speak to him before holiday otherwise u will have a crap break worrying about telling him.

How come if son is 3 now he doesn't start school for 2yrs as if he is 4 during coming academic yr he can start Sept 15 assuming u r England. My son turns 4 end Aug and starts school a wk later.

Glad son is in nursery as that must give u a break and assume u have some other support if having a child free break.

Good luck whatever u decide to do

Babiecakes11 Tue 29-Jul-14 20:19:02

Hey he came home during a break as guessed something was up I told he's not overly happy but not upset either he just doesn't want me to go through what happened the last two times.
we are in Scotland and our system is different ds turned 3 in May so won't start school until he is 5 x

JennyBlueWren Tue 29-Jul-14 20:29:19

Are you worried that your next child will also have autism? Have you looked at the chances of this? I know many people with an older sibling with autism and a younger one without. Or are you worried about managing with a baby and an older child who needs greater care? I'm not going to say it is easy but people do manage.

Babiecakes11 Tue 29-Jul-14 22:31:04

The chances of a second child having autism are higher, it's more the fact that we will have to move house again as ds will not be able to share.
And also I have had two previous mc and scared that we will have a third and we fly to tenerife on Monday so I am worried incase it happens over there as I landed up on morphine the last time I had an mc x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now