Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's this bum pain?

(6 Posts)
notkatemiddleton Tue 29-Jul-14 14:32:52

Sorry it's the only way I can describe it!!!

The bones that you sit on (not very eloquent I know) absolutely kill at the worst (generally in the evening when I move around or sit still!) or feel very 'achy' and 'over worked' at best. No pain at the front at all. At times I can't sit 'straight' on my coccyx.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant. Funny thing is that I had this from 7-16 weeks and then it disappeared until 28 weeks :-(

fusspot66 Tue 29-Jul-14 14:34:21

A variant of pelvic girdle pain /SPD due to ligaments softening?

notkatemiddleton Tue 29-Jul-14 14:36:28

I spoke to my midwife today and she suggested that it's not SPD because it's not at the front and added there is nothing they can do about it.

Had a frank spencer moment in the doctors car park this morning when I couldn't get out of my car! Oh dear!

Paddingtonthebear Tue 29-Jul-14 14:38:23

Coccydynia

notkatemiddleton Tue 29-Jul-14 15:32:24

Oooh thanks Paddington .....sounds like that might be it.

CityDweller Tue 29-Jul-14 20:15:35

My SPD was mostly around the back of my pelvis/ my bum/ my hip. Only moved round the front later in pregnancy.

Not sure what coccydynia is, but osteopathy (cranial sacral) and acupuncture worked wonders with my SPD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now