Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this the start if labour!

(8 Posts)
Mmolly2013 Tue 29-Jul-14 10:43:30

Hello

I'm 36+3, woke up around 4 am with period pains that were coming and going (just very mild). It's 6 hours later and Ive still got period type pains and also I've been to the toilet twice since 4am which is unlike me.

Never had so much as a twinge the whole pregnancy so could this be the slow start of Early Labour.

Could be, or could just be braxton hicks at this point. As your 36weeks I would get in touch with your MW if they are time able or anything else happens.

Mmolly2013 Tue 29-Jul-14 12:47:20

I haven't had Brixton hicks before, but from looking online there is no tightenings that people describe with Brixton hicks.

How are you getting on now? Baby engaging in and out of pelvis or grinding on cervix caused me period types pain in my last pregnancy smile

Mmolly2013 Tue 29-Jul-14 22:49:27

The pains went away for few hours then came back again. They are away at the moment but I suspect they may come back during the night like last night. Baby has been moving more than usual past day or two.

Mmolly2013 Tue 29-Jul-14 22:51:25

Ive also developed insomnia which is annoying.

I had similar with my second, woke up at 5am and would have pains for 90mins that would then disappear. Sounds like prodromal labour! Insomnia is the pits, although when you have your newborn it may mean you have more sleep wink

Howly Thu 31-Jul-14 09:18:05

I started getting this at 36 weeks, sorry to put a dampner on proceedings but I'm now 40+6 and still no baby! I was sure all the cramping and back ache would be mean baby would come early but no such luck! It's very frustrating and often the pain amounts to nothing! But your body is working hard to prepare for labour so should make it easier once you are in established labour!! That's what I've hear anyway, yet to prove it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now