Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heartburn... how I've missed you

(4 Posts)
PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Mon 28-Jul-14 23:16:53

22+6 and my first occurance of heartburn this pregnancy. Haven't had it since I was pregnant with ds so it took me a while to realise what it was as I'd forgotten the feeling. hmm

Can't remember how to ease it... any tips that don't involve gaviscon?

Casmama Mon 28-Jul-14 23:19:09

Go to the doctor and ask for omeprazole - you don't have to suffer with heartburn.

jessplussomeonenew Tue 29-Jul-14 00:05:58

What works best for me is drinking lots of milk! Avoid acidic foods, especially fruit juice/fizzy drinks. Eat little and often and try to avoid lying down after meals. Sleep propped up or on your left side (apparently raises the stomach opening so acid is less likely to escape).

That said, despite doing all this and taking gaviscon too, I'm still seriously considering begging for medication - am hoping that the baby will engage soon and take the pressure off my poor stomach!

Churchillian Tue 29-Jul-14 04:21:26

Yeah I'd second the Omeprazole - there's no need to suffer with heartburn. Avoiding foods didn't work for me as even water gave me heartburn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now