Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy bug at 30 weeks (sorry TMI)

(6 Posts)
FirsttimerG Mon 28-Jul-14 18:48:13

I've unfortunately managed to pick up a tummy bug.
I've had diarrhea since about 10am and been sick three times now. I can't seem to keep water down but other than feeling a bit sorry for myself and tired, I don't feel like intervention is required just yet.

Any advice on what to do greatly received as I am obviously worried about the baby. Xx

FreeSpirit89 Mon 28-Jul-14 19:58:30

Speak to GP about rehydration sachets. They worked wonders for my morning sickness. More sip little and often. smile

FirsttimerG Mon 28-Jul-14 20:03:33

Can I take those? I have some already (dioralyte) as I have IBS. Good plan, I hadn't thought of that!! Xxx

justaweeone Mon 28-Jul-14 20:09:03

Flat 7up
You can add a bit if water to it to make it flat
It was recommended to me by my midwife when I had the same at 35 weeks
We only had one bathroom at the time and it was bring ripped out that day by the builders
Had to drive to the inlaws and had to stop at side of road to be sick
Thinking of you, get well soon x

Advancedtech Mon 28-Jul-14 20:13:45

Sugar water! Few spoonful of sugar in cool coiled water and sip it really hydrates you quickly! I had a nasty bug before Xmas and was benign sick every 10 mins for over 24 hours I couldn't even keep down water! Good friend who is a nurse recommend this as she said even if you sick it up to begin with it will still help, within a few hours the sickness stopped

FirsttimerG Mon 28-Jul-14 20:30:54

Thanks ladies! I've just called the MAC to be on the safe side too, and they just said go to bed and sip lots of water. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now