Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wish me luck! (TMI)

(7 Posts)
mrsnlw Mon 28-Jul-14 14:16:00

Got a mw appointment tonight and she is going to check my cervix as I've been "showing" all last week (first was like greeny phlegm and the other days were like a yellow snotty substance) and also am getting VERY sore due to a tight abdo scar. She said if it was possible, she'll be doing me a S&S too so fingers crossed!

I did a bit of feeling about "in there" and cant feel ANYTHING so I dont know if my cervix is still high or I just missed something. Admittedly, now I have psyched myself up for it, I'll be gutted if it cant be done or nothing is happening. That plus the awful pains I've had down below too....

romomum Mon 28-Jul-14 15:49:33

Good luck with the stretch and sweep...let me know how it goes...I have mine next Monday..would kinda be nice if something happens before then though!! xx

GingerRodgers Mon 28-Jul-14 17:23:22

Ooh good luck! thanks
What times your app and how far are you?

mrsnlw Tue 29-Jul-14 09:54:19

My appointment was at 6 last night and I am currently 38+2. Nothing happening as of yet...

GingerRodgers Tue 29-Jul-14 11:34:31

Did she manage the s&s?

mrsnlw Tue 29-Jul-14 11:47:28

Hi ginger

Yes she did. My cervix was thinned and I was 1cm dilated so the S&S was favourable and successful. I've had a bit of pinkish coloured stuff when I wipe which I know is normal, and also a little bit in the loo after I have had a wee.

My midwife said if this one doesnt work in 24 hours, then it means it wasnt successful and she will try again on Sunday when I will be 39 weeks. No signs yet though.... sad

GingerRodgers Tue 29-Jul-14 12:52:05

Fingers crossed for you then. I had mine done at 40+something (can't remember what) and had mild contractions practically straight after but I've been told that was unusual. Hope something starts soon for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now