Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Get this baby out of me :(

(42 Posts)
BeanyIsPregnant Mon 28-Jul-14 09:55:45

40+1 today and no idea what I'm doing..
Dd was born at this gestation, induced as my waters had broken and labour hadent started. What are you meant to do with yourself?!

I literally feel like I'm waiting to give birth, I know it could be another two weeks, I don't really want to be moping around for that long, and obviously have 18mo dd to look after.

What does labour feel like?
Talk to me about getting this baby out naturally!

dp helpfully suggested sex last night, I laughed..

PJ12 Fri 01-Aug-14 18:42:07

40+15 does seem a bit far off. I thought you had to be induced by 40+14? Can you see another midwife? I think at this stage if you tell the hospital that you feel something is off they will induce you (I know my hospital does). What about having a sweep? It might get things moving.

BeanyIsPregnant Fri 01-Aug-14 21:03:35

Okay, this sounds stupid, I got the figure 14+15 from the fact that the hospital wouldn't book me in for an induction on a Saturday or Sunday.. Is that the case or have I made this up?!

PJ12 Sat 02-Aug-14 15:44:17

Hmmm....I'm not sure. I would think they would book you in on the Friday rather than Monday if they can't take you in over the weekend. Speak to your midwife. Or you can always call the hospital.

hannahlucyellen Sun 03-Aug-14 16:59:17

Any updates? I'm 40+6 here and still hoping for a natural labour before induction next weekend... I've stopped believing labour will happen now, and am just trying to chill out, which does seem to be working after a week of getting very frustrated!

PJ12 Sun 03-Aug-14 18:55:23

Nothing from me. 40+11 today so unless I miraculously go into labour overnight it's induction tomorrow. I hope the pessary works as I really want to avoid the drip!

BeanyIsPregnant Sun 03-Aug-14 19:38:10

Good luck pj! do come back and let us know that this does actually end eventually!

hannah you say induction next weekend... Do they book you in to be induced at weekends?! If they do then it solves a world of pain for me!

Nothing here, 40+7, it's kinda down-heartening realising that labour really isnt going to start any min! Going to the doctors tomorrow for a second opinion on induction, I'm not seeing my midwife until 40+11 on Thursday, which is fine if she can get me booked in for an induction on the Friday or Saturday.... But I don't know how plausible that is/ if hospitals 'book' inducements for weekends.. If they don't then il be 40+15 the following Monday which I'm not too happy about?!
I'm sure If I phone my hospital they will be able to tell me, but if I'm going to book an appt for the docs for a second opinion I need to call them at 8.30, so I can either call the hospital now.. Or at 8am tomorrow.. Argh?!

hannahlucyellen Sun 03-Aug-14 21:53:56

beany My midwife gave me a sweep last week, and said I was due to have another sweep this Tuesday, then if that was unsuccessful I'd be booked in this coming Saturday at the hospital. No mention of not inducing at weekends, but my local hospital is huge, so maybe they've got more capacity to do it?

We still could all go into labour naturally, think oxytocin inducing thoughts people smile

Bondgirl35 Sun 03-Aug-14 22:47:29

Good luck everyone, I'm 40+5 & really want a natural labour before my induction next Sunday. These posts are helping me to remember how many others are going through the same thing though! Just literally joined up now so I can ease my boredom & waiting about for this little boy to arrive!

hannahlucyellen Mon 04-Aug-14 07:33:35

Bond I didn't realise how boring this bit would be! It's so hard not being able to properly plan things, or really go anywhere too far from home as I never know when labour will begin.

My husband is also getting quite frustrated as he's excited about the 3 weeks off, but keeps moping off to work!! I also really really don't want an induction this Saturday... but am getting to the point I just want to meet my son!

PJ12 Mon 04-Aug-14 19:15:17

Went to the hospital this morning and had the 24h pessary put in. Had to stay in for a few hours to be monitored. Baby seems happy and I'm low risk so they have allowed me to go home. I've been getting strong tightenings every few minutes for a couple of hours. Not sure if those would be considered mild contractions? It's my first baby so I'm clueless. They feel like strong period pains. I hope they turn into something. If the pessary doesn't work then it's back to the hospital tomorrow morning for another one 24h pessary but I will have to stay in and be monitored. If that. Doesn't work we will discuss other options. I really hope labour kicks in tonight. Anyone know if you can have a bath while the pessary is in? I'm thinking it might ease the pain a bit.

BeanyIsPregnant Tue 05-Aug-14 10:31:15

It sounds like your having contractions pj! How exciting!! Give the ward a call and see what they say re- bath and pessary?

I've been having Brixton hicks (I think?) since yesterday evening, where my belly will go really tight and hard and uncomfortable for a while, so hopefully we all have babies soon!!

hannahlucyellen Tue 05-Aug-14 12:12:14

How exciting, sounds like things are really moving along! Did the pains continue?

I'm 40+8 today I just had a sweep with the midwife, apparently the baby is engaged, I'm 1cm and soft, so fingers crossed things start to happen smile Failing that induction has been booked for Sunday.

Em1503 Tue 05-Aug-14 12:23:17

I'm 10 days over now, booked for induction on Thursday and quite ready for it too. I'm pretty convinced nothing is going to happen naturally! Good luck everyone, it won't be much longer now...!

PJ12 Tue 05-Aug-14 18:55:14

Charlotte Lilianna was born at 5:35am this morning weighing 7lb 15oz. Pains got a lot more intense after I posted lasting about 40sec every 2min. I couldn't take it anymore so we made our way to the hospital at midnight....only to find out I was only 2cm. I stayed at the hospital and went from 2cm at 2am to 9cm at 4am. The pushing stage took 1.5h. I wish you easy and speedy labours ladies xx

BeanyIsPregnant Tue 05-Aug-14 19:03:50

Oh congratulations pj!!!! I may have cried a little, I blame the hormones! I bet she's beautiful smile
You can now stick around and be all smug that you 'got that baby out of you' before we all have!!!!!

Bondgirl35 Tue 05-Aug-14 21:01:49

Congratulations!!
I had a sweep today & am 1cm dilated and soft. Having mild period pains which must be my cervix getting bigger hopefully. I'm booked in to be induced on Sunday too but I'm really hoping things will speed up now!

BeanyIsPregnant Wed 06-Aug-14 01:02:07

Just leaving the hospital, exhausted! Waters broke at 9.30, all over my bed, had to come in to be checked, they are sending me home and have booked me in for an induction for 9pm tonight (?!) if labour hasent started!

Hope it's going well for everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now