Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4 days left until maternity leave starts :)

(16 Posts)
LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 07:22:54

Just that really!
I'm so excited to not have to do the train/tube into London everyday with my giant ankles/bump/dizzy moments/erratic emotions in this stupid heat smile
I'll be 35+6 on Thursday and how I wish I gave up work sooner!

nyldn Mon 21-Jul-14 07:36:24

Here's to a quick week!!!!

Tallblue Mon 21-Jul-14 07:49:00

Me too! 4 days left.... Think the reality is starting to hit now.....

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 07:59:20

@nyldn woohoo, let's hope so!
And @tallblue congrats! Yes reality has hit in big time here too but I'm so ready for a little rest before he arrives now smile

Mistyautumn Mon 21-Jul-14 08:10:02

Hurrah. 2 for me. This time tomorrow I will be on my last commute. I am hanging up the train ticket at 32 weeks as 2/3 days a week I have a 2hr commute each way and I decided it was time to stop that. Right now very thankful as I have so much to organise. Enjoy the last week everyone xx

splendide Mon 21-Jul-14 08:17:15

Congratulations! I'm so jealous. Just on the last stage of my horrible commute and no seat today.

I'm working until 37 weeks so 10 to go. I honestly can't see how I'm going to manage it. I sort of have to.

Sorry for moaning all over your happy thread! It's pure envy!

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 08:29:14

Solendide I found that just crying on the train secured me a seat, I feel your pain and hope somebody gets up and let's you sit sad
Are you in SE/London? Can you get a "baby on board badge"? They are free from tube offices x

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 08:30:39

Sorry, I meant splendide, stupid app doesn't let me type properly hmm

splendide Mon 21-Jul-14 08:41:05

I have a badge and a really obvious bump. Everyone just pretended they couldn't see me - or maybe they didn't notice me genuinely. I need to learn to ask for a seat but I'm just too pathetic apparently!

I'm at work now having a little cry. I'll be fine in half an hour!

Mistyautumn Mon 21-Jul-14 09:00:34

Splendide - I was very pathetic about it until rage one day made me snap. I shouted in the middle of the carriage 'I hope you all feel proud of yourselves for letting a woman who is 7 months pg stand'. Got a fairly quick response! Xx

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 09:00:39

Oh hugs for you sad

People are such word that rhymes with bankers on public transport.
It makes me so angry when they pretend they can't see you (especially when they're in a tube seat designated for disabled or pregnant people) hope your commute home is better and people aren't so inconsiderate

Have some cake, that'll help!

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 09:05:06

Ha @misty
Bet they all "suddenly" noticed you and were climbing over each other to let you sit down after that! grin

splendide Mon 21-Jul-14 09:44:42

I definitely need to let the rage out I think! Maybe on the way home!

ohthegoats Mon 21-Jul-14 09:56:37

I'm only 30 weeks, but just broke up for the school holidays. I genuinely feel like a different person to the one I was on Friday evening. I actually feel GOOD about being pregnant today, rather than just annoyed at the entire world. I've actually smiled without having to. Haha.

I'm going back in September for a couple of weeks, but still...

Enjoy your time 'off'... do lots of 'nothing', it's ace.

LJHH Mon 21-Jul-14 10:05:53

Splendide I'll keep an eye out for a shouty pregnant lady on the way home grin

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 21-Jul-14 11:00:30

I do my last day on Saturday, the day I turn 33 weeks but have a weeks holiday until I'm 34 weeks. I'm excited to relax and rest but will miss my colleagues I think x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now