Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy after a MMC

(14 Posts)
livsmum4 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:33:25

Hello

My first post here so hope this is right (please tell me If not lol) I had a MMC in march found out out the 12 week scan. Now 9 weeks pregnant again and just can't stop worrying. I no this is not good for me or the baby. But just wondered if anyone in the same position managed to relax and enjoy their pregnancy at any stage? X

Happilymarried155 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:35:02

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, I'm now 10 weeks with two scans that showed a healthy baby and a strong heartbeat. That has helped put my mind at rest. It's only natural to worry, can you get an early scan? X

thatwhichwecallarose Sun 20-Jul-14 21:44:45

I'm 38+4 atm having suffered a mmc last June. Early scan wasn't for me (personally I felt like it would be worse if i had a positive scan and then it didn't progress).

Tbh I'm not a natural worrier and as soon as I'd got past 12 weeks I relaxed a bit, then more so at 20 weeks scan (and booked a 4d scan at 28 weeks).

Good luck

Bondy83 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:14:03

Im currently 8wk after a mmc last April. I had an early scan last week expecting to be at least 9wk only to be told I was 7+2 I was very sure of my dates so to be told it was only measuring 7+2 I've now convinced myself that the baby is small because it's not going to develop properly. The scan has done nothing at all to reassure me despite seeing and hearing a good strong heartbeat. If I have a day where I don't feel sick or tired I'm sure its because my pregnancy levels have dropped. Hubby is getting carried away choosing names planning bedrooms etc I'll be honest I don't see us ending up with a baby I'm just waiting for it to all end. pregnancy after a mmc is just pure stress anxiety and worry.

Happilymarried155 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:21:31

Do you have a rescan booked in bondy? I hope that when you next go you little one has caught up.

An early scan is an personal choice. Once seeing a heartbeat and a baby measuring correct for the dates your chances of a successful pregnancy are very high, I found this confirming knowing that things were going ok.

I think after a miscarriage you will always be worried and this won't stop until you have your little one in your arms x

Happilymarried155 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:22:05

Not confirming, reassuring!

livsmum4 Mon 21-Jul-14 03:16:12

I don't really want an early scan as lost the last one at 10 weeks and would still be as worried even if all was good now. I just need to get this first trimester out of the way I think. I have no morning sickness just a lot of Tiredness and if very much replicating my pregnancy experience with the MMC so far. I have a 4 year old and was really poorly in pregnancy with her so I think that's making me worry aswell. I no how unhealthy worrying I jus wanted to know I wasn't the only one.

Glad to see that the early scan put you at ease.

And hope you all go one to have beautiful healthy baby's ��

Heatherbell1978 Mon 21-Jul-14 06:52:50

I had a mc at 6 wks back in November then fell pregnant straight away the next month. I didn't go for any additional scans or anything, I just told myself that what will be will be and took each week as it came. Getting past the 6 wk mark was the first step. Tbh I felt a lot more confident the 2nd time as my symptoms were so much stronger. I had a lot of nausea from about week 5 to week 13 and it peaked around week 8/9 so as long as a I felt awful I was happy!! The first time round, my symptoms had been very weak and by the time the mc happened had practically gone. I'm now 36 wks, and waiting for this baby to arrive! Very easy, problem free pregnancy too:-) Good luck!

Davidtennantmistress Mon 21-Jul-14 06:58:22

Hello! I've had several m.c inclu a very recent mmc, baby not grown past 6 weeks, found out at an early scan at 8 weeks, however, I've had an early scan baby has a heart beat and all so far seems well.

For me it's getting to the 12 week point which is the milestone, however I am very reassured by the nausea and sore boobs, it comes and goes but with my m.cs it was very full on and strong then nothing completely stopped.

Listen to your own body and see if you can get yourself an early scan. I'm also 9 weeks.

Come over to the positively freaking pregnant thread, and all of you other ladies, it's a friendly bunch all having the same fears after miscarriage.

PinaColadas Mon 21-Jul-14 07:06:31

Hello, I had a MMC at 12 weeks last June, I'm now 38+3. I paid for reassurance scan at 9+2, I'd been told that seeing a heartbeat at this stage meant a really good chance for baby, it helped me relax but I was still worrying. Once 12 weeks passed each week got easier and easier. You'll feel the same and in 3 months you'll be waddling around and complaining and forget about your initial worries completely smile Good luck x

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 21-Jul-14 07:45:15

Hi, I'm 33 weeks now after having a mmc last May. I too like a previous poster felt an early scan wasn't for me as I felt it could have given me false hope if that makes sense. I will admit the 12 week scan was a very anxious time for me, I barely slept the night before and was crying most of the morning before it. The sonographer was lovely though, my DH explained why I was so anxious, so she left the screen for us to view baby until she had seen the heartbeat etc.

In answer to stress and anxiety affecting the pregnancy, please do not worry. This will not happen!

Good luck x

Mistyautumn Mon 21-Jul-14 08:15:17

I had an mmc in October. Just because it has happened once doesn't mean it will happen again and your body had told you you are well enough to get pg.

I fell pg again on Boxing Day. Am now 32 weeks and about to go on mat leave. My only advice would be to talk to the hosp when you go in for scan. My hosp take your blood pressure before the scan. Needless to say, mine was sky high before 12 week scan. I persuaded them to let me scan and go back for bp by which time it was thankfully normal. I also told the ultrasound woman what happened and said I wanted to know straight away if something was wrong as the room just went quiet when I had my mmc and no one told me what was happening for a few mins xx

livsmum4 Mon 21-Jul-14 09:26:29

Thank u all for sharing your experiences. X

squizita Mon 21-Jul-14 14:14:21

It is always extremely worrying being pregnant after loss but the worry WON'T hurt your baby and the worry is pretty much impossible to avoid. Just take it easy - you can get counselling if you feel you need it, on the NHS.

There is a thread on this board for pregnancy after loss.
Also google the miscarriage association as they have a helpline and online community for ladies in our position both of which are incredibly supportive and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now