Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mild cramping... first kicks?

(7 Posts)
ralv Sun 20-Jul-14 12:06:23

Hi All...
I'm 15+5 and have some mild, but constant, abdominal cramping. I had quite a bit of cramping in the first few weeks but it only lasted a few minutes... whereas I've had this cramp all morning. It is very mild though.
I also thought I might have felt a first kick (kind of like a very gentle stomach grumble but lower down!?!) - so wondering if the two could be connected?
Also.... sometimes when I sneeze I get a short, sharp pain either side of my womb (the midwife said it was ligaments...) but at the moment the pain down the left side is constant (not as severe) and sort of throbbing.

Has anyone else experienced all these together???

Thanks xx

September60b Sun 20-Jul-14 12:55:03

Hi op, I will be interested to hear from others on this too. I'm nearly 16 weeks and have been getting similar sorts of cramping and shooting pains. I've had cramping for a couple of days on and off and a shooting type pain in my right side. I think it's probably everything stretching and moving around but am going to mention it to my midwife at my next appointment.

It did reassure me to hear that you're going through something similar! X

SarahMcCxx Sun 20-Jul-14 14:19:27

When I was about 15 weeks I felt little flutters. I'm not sure if it was my imagination as I am now 24 weeks and baby is definitely kicking! DH even saw my belly move when baby gave a massive kick. I also had pain when I sneezed. I think it's just because your body is going through massive changes and getting ready to accommodate your growing baby :-)

squizita Sun 20-Jul-14 15:02:06

Weeks 15-17 I ached and slow cramped a bit and my bump started to show, think it was everything moving!
Also I felt movement 1st at about 16/17 weeks, so yes could be!

cantmakecarrotcake Sun 20-Jul-14 18:13:46

The sharp pains are to do with ligaments. My consultant said it's because your uterus is still small and not yet firmly wedged/squished by the other organs. I'm 20 weeks now and that pain has passed.

Lottiedoubtie Sun 20-Jul-14 18:20:53

The cramping sounds like ligaments to me to.

Movement for me started off as flutters and then felt like little thuds inside.

Cordelia365 Sun 20-Jul-14 18:49:17

Hi,
I am 24 + 3 and have had some really quite bad cramps some days. So much so that I went to the FMAU one day. I was told by the doctor that it was just stretching pains and nothing to worry about. It eased off after a couple of days but I get flare ups every now and then.
I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and I wish you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now