Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feeling so scared and paranoid

(12 Posts)
Mummywithlove Sun 20-Jul-14 10:51:38

Im 19weeks pregnant and I feel so scared of having another prem baby (last child born at 28weeks).
this last week ive not been able to go to the loo (poo) very easily (I don't think its that I cant go, I think im just to scared to go!)

all day yesterday I had a constant cramp in my lower abdomen, and really painful to touch, and I kept feeling that I had to go for a poo but nothing happened, just constant cramp...?
I told my husband but he said " Oh! everything will be ok"!! but after having a prem baby I am REALLY scared..!
I do have a bit of pressure down there, basically what the hell can I do, I have 2 children and it is really hard to put my feet or have a quick nap.. what do you all think? what shell I do? and has anyone else been though this?
Emmaxx

cookielove Sun 20-Jul-14 11:23:06

I would call your midwife, they will most likely send you to your local assessment unit and they can monitor the baby and check to see if your cervix is open and swab you to see if you are likely to go into pre term labour.

Fx it will all be ok!

Mummywithlove Sun 20-Jul-14 11:30:37

I went to see a consultant last week and they checked my cervix then and they said it was fine closed and measured fine?
could my cervix open?
I can feel baby moving, could it just be that baby lying in a weird position?
I am so Bloody petrified :S xx

Mummywithlove Sun 20-Jul-14 12:17:36

IS it early labour...? sad xx

amy83firsttimer Sun 20-Jul-14 12:17:47

You sound constipated to be honest. If you've had your cervix checked I'd hit the prune juice and see what happens.

offside Sun 20-Jul-14 12:35:57

I'd say constipation too.

Mummywithlove Sun 20-Jul-14 13:05:29

I hope its only constipation lol, it is weird how since iv been getting cramps I haven't stopped going for a poo sorry if tmi so you all think its nothing to worry about xx

Elekelly Sun 20-Jul-14 13:15:02

It sounds like constipation op. You're bound to be anxious after already giving birth prematurely in the past but I think calling your midwife might put your mind at ease. Try eating some foods containing a lot of fibre and relax (easier said than done when pregnant I know) but I doubt it's anything to worry about smile

Loveallmyboys Sun 20-Jul-14 13:21:39

I could have written your post! I had prem baby at 29 weeks after waters breaking at 23 weeks. I live in constant fear of every sensation of moisture that they've broken early again. I'm 18+5 now and have subchorionic hematoma so the risk is there.
I too am sh*t scared(pun intended!) to poop. You are not alone xx

frankiebuns Sun 20-Jul-14 21:16:48

I was adament I was in labour at 26 weeks guess what constipation! On call dr gave me lactulose told me to take 3 x 5ml spoonfuls twice a day by next morning all sorted!

Mummywithlove Mon 21-Jul-14 09:53:57

oh right but you were glad it was only constipation lol..
it only happens mainly at night time :S weird I gonna have to get myself some lactulose :D xx

Mummywithlove Tue 22-Jul-14 16:44:14

I go some lactulose today at around 12 o clock and I asked the woman behind the counter how much i should take and she advised Me to take 30ml a day. So I did... at 4 0clock I got bloated and really bad wind and i was sat on bog for 10mins :s sorry if Tmi,... should i be taking 30 MLB a day or not xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now