Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bouncing on ball is painful.

(5 Posts)
BexGershon Sat 19-Jul-14 22:13:25

Hello
I am 40 weeks today and trying to get my labour started.
I have been getting all the ackes and twinges for a few day and last night was getting shooting pains down below.
I have been bouncing on my ball on and off all day but from about 9am I get awful pains down below that last a couple of miniute.

Does anyone one what this is? If it will get my labour going then I'll carry on but if it's just the head then I don't want to course myself pain unnecessarily.

Thanks x

MagpieMama Sat 19-Jul-14 22:18:40

I think it's the babies head hitting your cervix, if I remember correctly some people call it lightening crotch! I do remember it being an unpleasant sensation!

Jakeyblueblue Sat 19-Jul-14 23:47:07

I sat on a ball on and off for the whole of third trimester, but once I got to full term, I couldn't anymore as so painful. Def baby's head bouncing on cervix! smile

BexGershon Sun 20-Jul-14 06:32:34

Thank you both, it's good to no what all these different things are.
Does this mean I don't have long or could it stop but a week or so?!
I have woken up fresh as a daisy!!
Xx

CityDweller Sun 20-Jul-14 19:48:41

I don't think you can read anything into it re. how long you've got left (sorry! I feel your frustration - I went to 40+13 before DD finally put in her appearance)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now