Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Personalised fundal height charts

(6 Posts)
GingerRodgers Sat 19-Jul-14 14:54:26

Just been looking at mine and have realised that to be on the 50th centile, I have to measure 2cm under gestational age?
I'd always read/heard that it should match measurements to weeks? Obviously + or - 2/3 to account for accuracy but my chart says if I match weeks to size then I'm measuring above 90th centile?
Any ideas? Any one else got a chart like this?

GingerRodgers Sat 19-Jul-14 18:04:41

Bump

amy83firsttimer Sat 19-Jul-14 18:29:16

Yes, me. But mine's even smaller!

GingerRodgers Sat 19-Jul-14 18:33:29

You have to measure more than 2cm under weeks measurement to be on 50th centile?
What is it with the charts?

tobysmum77 Sun 20-Jul-14 09:16:43

Yes mine was like that.

tobysmum77 Sun 20-Jul-14 09:21:13

I don't know where you are, in the Midlands/ Birmingham these have been used for years. They are meant to be more effective for picking up potential problems because they can see if the growth is at the correct rate.

I was always confused about the cm per week stuff I read on mn. From what I understand it depends on the height of the woman.

btw don't pay too much attention to the weight of baby stuff that is notoriously a load of bollocks wink ! I measured smaller with dd2 who was a pound bigger confused .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now