Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby boy or girl?

(8 Posts)
sara87 Sat 19-Jul-14 06:03:31

i just had my scan at 19 weeks +1.
everything seemed fine, however when i asked the sonographer for the gender she seemed reluctant to answer.
from the picture, i'm not sure...could it be the cord or the nub? any idea anyone?

Rockchick1984 Sat 19-Jul-14 07:58:01

Well to me it looks like a boy, but if a trained sonographer isn't certain then I would be buying gender neutral - no way would I be relying on randoms on mumsnet!

Pegglebot Sat 19-Jul-14 08:28:57

Yes looks like a boy to me too but then I'm certainly no expert. Why didn't she want to tell you? I mean if it's that obvious it's a boy you would think she would say...

sara87 Sat 19-Jul-14 09:28:55

hmm...well in my area they usually don't tell until after 32 weeks...basically due to the societal norms and all.
although i went for a private scan, still she seemed unwilling to tell me:s
lolz
well looked like a boy to me too...but still had doubts if it could be the cord between the legs:s.
but thanks rockchick and pegglebot
although i'll be much much happy with either boy or girl as long as the baby is normal and healthy, my dh is going out of country so wanted him to shop for stuff :-)
thanks for your help!smile but yes better buy neutrals and not just blue blues

sara87 Sat 19-Jul-14 09:30:02

hmm...well in my area they usually don't tell until after 32 weeks...basically due to the societal norms and all.
although i went for a private scan, still she seemed unwilling to tell me:s
lolz
well looked like a boy to me too...but still had doubts if it could be the cord between the legs:s.
but thanks rockchick and pegglebot
although i'll be much much happy with either boy or girl as long as the baby is normal and healthy, my dh is going out of country so wanted him to shop for stuff :-)
thanks for your help!smile but yes better buy neutrals and not just blue blues

ImBrian Sat 19-Jul-14 16:27:00

That looks like a boy. There's a site called in gender, if you put a pic on there you should get an answer from someone more experianced.

januaryjam Sat 19-Jul-14 16:43:22

I'd go against the grain & guess girl; im certainly no expert but I've been told about girls having 3 white lines (ie. A 'hamburger'!) and boys having just 2 lines! Would be interested to know if/when you find our for definite :-)

ButtonBoo Sat 19-Jul-14 18:29:26

I'm with january.

Help? Much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now