Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worst pregnancy moment yet

(7 Posts)
Mistyautumn Fri 18-Jul-14 18:55:02

Urgh feeling so embarrassed I could cry right now. Am 31+2 today and for some reason in the last few weeks I have started retching randomly and completely out of the blue but not being sick.

Today my body was was truly evil to me. I got off the train after work, furthest from the station exit and with a heck of a waddle I was, unsurprisingly the one if the last on the platform. That was apart from a young girlfriend and girlfriend who were enjoying a passionate embrace on the platform. My evil body chose the moment I was walking past them to make me retch loudly and horribly. I now look so homophobic it is unreal when my brain was thinking 'ah young love'! I just scarpered/waddled off as I was so embarrassed. They looked so hurt and angry!!!!!

JennyBlueWren Fri 18-Jul-14 19:05:53

Aww poor you and them! How embarrassing and what bad timing! It's not like you could say anything either. "That was a pregnancy thing I actually think you're a lovely couple" would just sound odd.

seasavage Fri 18-Jul-14 20:51:41

Don't worry. If they did think that they were jumping to conclusions. They don't know you.
I'd also be more inclined to believe a pregnant woman was genuinely trying not to puke having just been on a train on a hot day.

EllaBella220 Fri 18-Jul-14 21:56:22

Aww poor you! I've had the retching but it was called for. I was in a taxi and the taxi man decided to pick his nose while I was in the car. Boke, boke, boke. I hate that anyway but I just started retching and thinking well eff you if I do throw up in your car.

squizita Fri 18-Jul-14 22:08:34

I have a similar problem but with farting and burping. I disgust myself. I actually make MYSELF gag. blush

Heartsandspades Fri 18-Jul-14 22:15:22

When I was pregnant with DS I had really bad sickness all the way through. One morning I had to start work at 6.30am on the walk from the car park to work I couldn't stop it and was really sick in the middle of the street.
I work in a city centre and was only about 20 weeks, there were a few people by this point driving past and I was sat on a wall holding my hair back having been sick everywhere. I'm sure passers by just thought I was some drunk from the night before! blush

Chattycat78 Sat 19-Jul-14 10:36:11

I threw up ( literally projectile vomited several times including on my shoes and cardigan) in the hospital car park before our 12 week scan. Nice. I had to get a stranger to donate some tissues to me! I too thought people would think I was hungover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now