Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed. Feel crap

(15 Posts)
VJONES1985 Fri 18-Jul-14 18:12:04

I feel really poorly. As well as being really hot, my oedema is worse today, I've got v painful trapped wind and have just randomly been sick. Any suggestions? Am 35 weeks.

CoolCat2014 Fri 18-Jul-14 18:44:20

Have you seem someone about the oedema?

Only thing I can suggest is getting as much rest with your feet up as you can. Drink lots of icey drinks to help keep you cool, and buy a fan if you don't have one! Keep eating little and often and starchy foods should help curb the feeling sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

CoolCat2014 Fri 18-Jul-14 18:45:01

Oh and rene deflatine helped me with trapped wind!

VJONES1985 Fri 18-Jul-14 18:47:18

Thanks guys. Yeah, I mention my oedema at all my appointments (I'm diabetic so have a lot). My BP was last checked on Tuesday and was fine. Randomly being sick has thrown me a bit but hopefully it's nothing serious. Am curled up in a ball trying to get rid of my wind!!

VJONES1985 Fri 18-Jul-14 18:57:18

Hmm, I appear to have diarrhoea too. Happy days.

Waggamamma Fri 18-Jul-14 19:48:53

I had similiar last week for a few days. Morning all day sickness returned with a vengeance, bowels moving 6+ times a day, terrible headaches and general feeling crap. I did go to traige and get checked out, everything was fine and I'm feeling a bit better this week but get a check up if you're worried.

Make sure you're drinking lots in thus weather too.

VJONES1985 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:00:13

I know this sounds terrible but I'm so tired that I can hardly move, so I need to muster the energy to go to triage I think!

yellowrose2728 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:08:39

I'm not wanting to scare, but isn't rib pain an indication of pre eclampsia?

Off to triage for you - better to be safe smile

Peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 18-Jul-14 20:31:10

VJones I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, hope things get better for you. I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy - I was on the conception boards with you last summer/autumn (under a different name) and I'm now expecting too smile anyway, get well soon and I hope it's nothing serious.

GingerRodgers Fri 18-Jul-14 21:13:01

How are you feeling now vjones? Could you have a cool bath, see if it's the heat?

Redling Fri 18-Jul-14 21:24:29

I have been randomly sick a lot in the last few weeks (I'm 36 weeks) and my midwife said it can be common in later pregnancy. I was v sick at the start as well. The general heat has made me so tired and hot I feel quite ill. Hopefully it's not anything serious for you but just general horrid late pregnancy! If that makes sense!

VJONES1985 Fri 18-Jul-14 21:34:36

Peacelove - congratulations! How many weeks are you? Wish I knew who you are!!

Okay, after a nap I feel a bit better but I called triage and the midwife said as my BP was fine on Tuesday and my oedema lessens when I put my feet up, she doesn't suspect pre eclampsia. She thinks it's a bug or heat related but said if I keep getting pains off and on, I should call back as sickness and diarrhoea can be a sign of early labour. She took my details in case someone wants to call me back.

BabyHaribo Sat 19-Jul-14 09:37:03

How are you feeling this morning vjones?

I think sickness is quiet common in late pregnancy. I've not been sick but felt sick and just generally 'unwell' quiet a bit. Don't think the heat helps either thank goodness it's a bit cooler here today!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 19-Jul-14 14:00:20

I'm 17 weeks today smile
Glad you're not in any danger; the heat is appalling so do take it extra easy!

VJONES1985 Sat 19-Jul-14 18:06:20

Am feeling better except my tummy is still a bit dodgy so I guess it's a bug. Am generally finding things tough in this heat and counting down till the end of term on Wednesday, when maternity leave begins!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now