Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen feet

(9 Posts)
supermum83 Fri 18-Jul-14 15:33:33

While earlier on in my pregnancy swelling would come and go, I am now 35 weeks and swollen feet appear to have become a permanent fixture. Quite honestly my feet look hideous and they feel odd. When do I worry about swollen feet or another one of those things..... I am going to a wedding tomorrow and it's a 3-4 hour drive and of course this means no chance to put feet up at all. Am I stupid to go?

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 19-Jul-14 07:08:16

I'm 34 weeks and have had swollen feet for a couple of weeks. I think they're revolting, but not really a problem. No reason for you not to go to a wedding I don't think. Make sure you've got comfortable shoes though. I'd consider seeing if you can sit with feel up on dashboard/sit in back seat if you're a passenger.

Make sure you're having your antenatal checks though as they can be a symptom of preeclampsia.

eurochick Sat 19-Jul-14 07:11:03

I agree with testing. If your blood pressure and urine are fine, it's just one of those things, exacerbated by the hot weather elevating them higher than hip level helps temporarily I found.

Scoobsmam13 Sat 19-Jul-14 07:48:48

I was due my first baby end of august and the heat made my feet terribly swollen through out the whole day (the slippers I took to hospital were 4 sizes bigger than my normal shoe size!). It was horrible. I lived in flip flops. Keep your feet up when you can, and wear nothing but comfy shoes.

Hedgehog1977 Sat 19-Jul-14 08:09:59

There are some exercises you can do - I think they're in the NHS website. You flex your feet several times at the ankle, then rotate them several times each. It helps a little, and you should be able to get away with doing them at a wedding :-)

DearDinah Sat 19-Jul-14 11:38:56

My feet are huge too! Try & drink plenty so you're not holding too much liquid (pain I know when you have to pee constantly!)

lighteningmcmama Sat 19-Jul-14 23:10:56

I know you're not asking for treatments but just wanted to say I had this soooo bad in my first pregnancy, and the only thing that brought me some relief was reflexology

MrsCK Sun 20-Jul-14 20:33:02

I'm 13 weeks and suffering so so badly with swollen painful ankles and feet. I have no advice to the op but posting with the hope someone will!

jessplussomeonenew Sun 20-Jul-14 20:36:45

Try putting on support tights first thing in the morning - they feel horribly sweaty but help to keep the swelling down on days when you can't keep your feet up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now