Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cocoonababy - safe ?

(5 Posts)
Poshsausage Fri 18-Jul-14 14:01:13

Hi all

This has come up on a site I'm on and it did make me wonder so thought if see if mn had any knowledge :-)

So having had a refluxer last time around I've bought this in anticipation of baby due in a couple of weeks due to great reviews

However , someone pointed out that similar to a car seat the baby's chin appears to be on their chest and this could mean restricted airways ?

Can anyone who has one comment on this at all ? Tis true when you see the pictures the head is more downward ?

allduffedup Sat 19-Jul-14 09:09:14

I don't know the answer, but I had the same concern when I looked at it and decided not to get it despite the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I am renting the NCT bednest, and apparently you can tilt this which helps babies with reflux.

redcaryellowcar Sat 19-Jul-14 09:16:15

If you look on lullaby trust website it recommends sleeping on firm flat mattress which is ideally wipe clean.
Also might be worth, if position is similar to car seats to look at safety of them over long periods as i think car seats are not recommended for over an hour at a time, oxygen saturation drops when in car seats, one study showed as low as 87%, if your dc was in hospital and oxygen sats dropped below 92% they would be really worried.
Also worth looking on here as people seem to have trouble transitioning out of them as they are not safe once child can roll over and then you have issues with persuading them to sleep elsewhere!

redcaryellowcar Sat 19-Jul-14 09:19:37
Marnierose Sat 19-Jul-14 09:40:54

As far as I can see it goes against the safe sleeping recommendations which is why personally I wouldn't use one. I'm sure they are not unsafe but whether they are as safe as a recommended mattress this is what would concern me. I think someone emailed the lullaby trust and the said they did not recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now