Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone got a moba moses basket?

(9 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Fri 18-Jul-14 13:11:20

https://mobauk.com/

so aside from the fact that these are gorgeous and I want one in every colour.....has anyone got one? What are they like?

What is it like picking them up with the baby inside, seems to me the handles would come together and squash the basket inwards?

Like when you lift these things...?

www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Storage-Garden-Handles-US0106/dp/B003MA811U

smile)

nc060 Fri 18-Jul-14 13:20:01

I don't think you are supposed to pick them up with baby inside, I certainly wouldn't with the moses basket I have, I think the handles are purely for decoration are they not?

Plateofcrumbs Fri 18-Jul-14 13:29:32

I know someone who has one and likes it.

Yes the handles do squish together on lifting, but you're not supposed to lift them with the baby inside (although my friend does, and you can still carry baby despite the 'squishiness'.

mssleepyhead Fri 18-Jul-14 16:14:34

I wanted one but when I saw it in real life I was a bit disappointed. It felt quite cheap and flimsy, so I didn't buy one in the end. Maybe try and see one in real life before buying online.

NovemberRainbow Fri 18-Jul-14 19:41:24

I love mine, I chose the Cornflower blue. It arrived last week £65 including mattress.

I think it's better than the wicker ones as its easier to keep clean and dust mite free for a second child. It also doesn't make a rustle/creak noise, like a lot of wicker baskets.

MindyMartin Mon 28-Jul-14 13:31:22

My friend has one too and it looks really good, not cheap at all. ...it's amazingly sturdy, and healthier and quieter than one of the traditional ones. She has the red one...

Bridie27 Tue 29-Jul-14 12:14:45

hiya NovemberRainbow, may I ask where you got your moba moses basket from for £65? Did that include liner and a mattress? I am thinking about buying one but they are £99 from the moba website xxx

MamyPoko Tue 29-Jul-14 12:26:19

I got mine in John Lewis, with a JL mattress. Can't recall what we paid. I got Dove Grey and it looks lovely. The handles do squidge together, but I do carry baby around in it, and he seems fine - having something to put him to nap but that could be moved about the house in pursuit of toddler DS1 was the reason I got it!

NovemberRainbow Tue 29-Jul-14 17:33:12

It was on sale in JoJo Maman BeBe. It included liner and mattress, not sure if they have any left at the moment. You could try calling them if they do not have any on their website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now