Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freaked out!

(8 Posts)
VJONES1985 Thu 17-Jul-14 17:09:49

I 35 weeks and just squeezed my nipples in the bath, only to see colostrum for the first time! It totally weirded me out! Anyone else feel a bit odd the first time?

This happened to me at 33 weeks - for a moment I just stared at the tiny white drops blankly wondering what on earth they could be. I have to say that once I got over the surprise I find I rather like having such visible proof that my body's getting ready to feed my baby from the outside!

GingerRodgers Thu 17-Jul-14 17:59:56

I was still feeding dd until about 20 weeks and having toddler milk on one side and colostrum on the other was very odd shockgrin
Lots of things weird me out about being pregnant though, especially thinking an entire person is happily swimming around in my belly!

mssleepyhead Thu 17-Jul-14 18:51:12

So you made me curious enough to have a squeeze myself. Something came out!!! shock fair to say it freaked me out a bit too...!

VJONES1985 Thu 17-Jul-14 20:01:30

Ha ha! It's weird, huh? But yes, the idea of a baby being inside me is pretty odd anyway.

Redling Thu 17-Jul-14 21:41:45

Mine comes out at night because I'm squishing my boobs lying on my side, I woke up to find my boob stuck to the sheet in a patch of colostrum, so weird! I find little marks on the sheet a lot. Only been awake to see it dribbling out once. I keep pointing it out to DH because I think it's so clever of my boobs to do it!

Marnierose Fri 18-Jul-14 08:43:38

I've had this from 20 weeks it's fine!

alliemarg Fri 18-Jul-14 15:52:01

I think it's the heat of the bath that does it. Mine started at 29 weeks but I was in Italy in 30+ degree heat. I just noticed a small wet patch on my top at night which carried on throughout the holiday. In the bath it poured out! But now back in the UK and haven't seen much. Only in one boob though - weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now