Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does your DH/DP irritate you more now you are pregnant?

(25 Posts)
mampam Thu 17-Jul-14 13:19:24

I find my DH twice as irritating as I did before I was pregnant, so I do realise it is probably my hormones making me feel like this grin

Here is a list of what I find most irrationally irritating about him:

When I've been awake for hours in the middle of the night....he is fast asleep hmm
Same applies for his snoring.
He does not have the ability to be a mind reader when I'm pissed off about something.
Him doing a stupid dance about the living room in order to get a laugh off the DC's does not seem at all funny to me.
Cocking his leg when he farts is no longer funny either.
We are no longer trying to conceive a baby so him going at it like a bat out of hell when having sex no longer has the same appeal.
Him waving his willy around like a windmill makes me want to chop it off.
The fact that I am suffering with HG so the housework has fallen on DH to do (as well as working fulltime) but he only has time to clean the bathroom once a week.
When he calls our dog "the puppy princess".......highly bloody irritating.

I'm sure there are more things and I'll add to the list later.

Does anyone else feel like this about their other halves?

Jodie1982 Thu 17-Jul-14 14:13:06

Oh god yes! Lol. Even dwn to his body scent that I use to love (sounds horrible). I'm on my 5th pregnancy and have never experienced this before, I'm hoping it passes soon as I'm fed up with being such a moody cow lol.

ShovettyMcShovetty Thu 17-Jul-14 14:16:52

*Cocking his leg when he farts is no longer funny
Him waving his willy around like a windmill makes me want to chop it off.
When he calls our dog "the puppy princess".......highly bloody irritating.*

All of the above sound really annoying pregnant or not!

The rest is just the hormones talking.

Burmama Thu 17-Jul-14 14:38:10

Still in first trimester so I guess there's still plenty of time left for worse hormones/ more irritating DH behaviour but so far the only new thing driving me mental is his ability to eat grotesque smelly left overs for breakfast in my presence. Case in point: the beef burrito that was reheated by stir-frying its contents in the wok this morning. Gak.

mampam Thu 17-Jul-14 14:38:48

Yes you are right Shovetty highly annoying things before pregnancy but I had the patience to put up with his warped sense of humour.

Jodie I'm with you on the body scent but I had put it down to me having a heightened sense of smell.

mampam Thu 17-Jul-14 14:42:30

Burmama I don't think he started irrationally irritating me until the 2nd trimester, am now 22 wks so a long way to go on with getting uptight smile Beef burrito warmed up in wok does sound minging first thing in the morning wink

RetroHippy Thu 17-Jul-14 14:45:14

DH us driving me nuts because for the first time in his life he's doing DIY. We moved house when I was 6 weeks and he seems to have turned into practical man of the year hmm usually it's down to me, but I'm too knackered and I feel usurped.

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 17-Jul-14 15:14:19

My DH has "developed" the following annoyances.

The way he breathes - especially in bed, it's loud and irritating
Loud chewing
Talking - there's just too much of it....I want silence
Laughing at me when I cry over stupid things

Although he has redeemed himself by doing a lot of the house work

mampam Thu 17-Jul-14 15:20:19

MrsMonkeyBear my DH should have redeemed himself by the amount of housework he does but I even find the way he does it really annoying!! Poor bloke just can't win grin

EllaJayne123 Thu 17-Jul-14 15:22:53

Yes yes yes. Here's a list of the things that made me want to rip his testicles off last night
- he put the bin bag in the bin in a stupid way
- he left the clean things on the side after emptying the dishwasher while he reloaded it (just put it away first ffs)
- his socks were reaaaly holey and it bugged me
- he got the wrong brand of sparkling water

I really hope for his sake baby's out soon!

duvetfan Thu 17-Jul-14 15:30:06

Wait until the baby arrives. I wanted to leave my dh as he annoyed me so much and we just bickered all the time. We used to get on so well and never annoyed each other. In his defense he is lovely and doesn't wave his Willy around or lift his leg to fart so I know its me. This pregnancy is even worse as our Ds never sleeps so we are totally sleep deprived 2 years on. Sorry moan over. Ignore me.

spence24 Thu 17-Jul-14 15:31:47

YES! But it's all stuff he did before anyway and tolerated, so I feel like I cna't vocalise my annoyances:

-His heavy breathing/snoring at night. I've now taken to punching him to make him roll over to stop. I've told him he has to get it looked at as it's "not normal" - he insists once the summer is over he'll be fine again. If he lives that long.

- He is SO SLOW TO DO ANYTHING! He is the King of faffing. Ask him to lay the table for dinner, it'll take him as long as it takes me to cook it. Just put some fucking mats and cutlery out. Jeez.

- The length of time he spends in the shower. He is first in the shower. He knows I need a wee first thing, now more than ever. It does not take half an hour to wash your hair and bollocks before work.

There are probably more, but I ignore them...or try to.

TwigletFiend Thu 17-Jul-14 15:44:43

Oh God yes. As above, all things that I tolerated before but now find so immensely irritating I just have to leave the room.

- He puts dirty cutlery, plates etc. ON TOP OF the dishwasher. Even when it's empty or half-filled.

- He does entirely unnecessary DIY (such as building a new tow hitch for the jet ski he has just bought and will doubtless use twice before getting bored) but never gets around to doing the little things like finishing off the bathroom so we can shower without having to mop up a flood afterwards. Instant rage territory when I catch him at it now.

- Sitting on the sofa with his hand down his trousers. The bloody thing isn't going to drop off if you don't keep hold of it.

- Breathing his morning breath on me. Seriously. Do your teeth before attempting to kiss me - you had a cigarette last thing before bed and your breath could knock out an ox.

DearDinah Thu 17-Jul-14 17:18:53

EVERYTHING irritates me, the dogs piss me off too! I'm a delight to live with right now.

JennyBlueWren Thu 17-Jul-14 20:00:52

He does silly voices and noises.
If I ask him to do something he takes ages to do it but if I go to do it myself he gets upset.

On the plus side he is cleaning the cat's litter tray out which I know he hates. Although he does have to make a big deal of it each time.

spence24 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:19:20

Oh yes, the morning breath too! That's a good one!

squizita Thu 17-Jul-14 21:26:51

Yes! Night breathing. Infuriating.

cal0203 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:30:17

oh dear, sounds horrible but.. I get annoyed at how sickeningly nice he is being. for some reason it's driving me mental blush

Memphisbelly Thu 17-Jul-14 21:30:42

He irritates me more than I ever thought possible right now.

He breathes on me in bed at night, it is fowl.
Everything he does which he thinks is helping me annoys me.
The way he balls the socks and leaves the odds lying about gives me the rage.
I could go on

needaholidaynow Thu 17-Jul-14 21:41:51

Irritating things my partner does:

Snores with his gob wide open whilst naked
Sits with his hands down his pants
Farts
Playstation this playstation that
Half arsed effort when it comes to household chores

fidgetywidget Thu 17-Jul-14 21:48:50

I too am getting irrationally annoyed with my DH.
Worst one is when we both get in from work &are having tea with dd before I go to my 2nd job. DH (&dd, but I can forgive her, she's 4) have to tell me EVERYTHING that's happened to them that day all in one go & at a high volume (usually both at the same time too).
I have precisely 50minutes between getting home & going out to work again, in which I have to cook tea, eat it while persuading dd to eat hers, freshen up &change uniforms, is a bit of peace & quiet really too much to ask?! Thankfully this only happens 2 days a week & I'm stopping 2nd job soon, or DH would get throttled!

hartmel Fri 18-Jul-14 01:48:51

Oh yes!!
-moaning about how tired he his. Ehm I'm home with a 10 month old son pregnant 26 weeks and trying to cook him a nice meal, have the house clean (which is no point sometimes as when I turn around my son has bread crumbs on the floor) have the laundry done etc.
- not spending enough time with DS (which he does but in a different way)
-I want to go out and do something but he is to tired or his allergy is putting him down.
- even if we are on a tight budget and I found a really cheap affordable photographer he thinks it is waste of money to have some family pictures taken..
- he refuses to go and visit my parents with me. Long story

Oh I could go on..

cathpip Fri 18-Jul-14 02:41:38

Oh yes, my dh got right on my tits in all three of my pregnancies, it was worse in the first trimester, and did last the full 9 months. I would write a list, but he pissed me off with just being alive quite frankly smile. We are still married though, I just had to count to 10 a lot and remember not to answer every question sarcastically. smile

hartmel Fri 18-Jul-14 04:28:02

Another one that happened before we went to bed..

He went to bed and i told him i will be right there just have to wait till the software finishes installing (didn't even take 10 min) guess what when I got to the bedroom all the lights where off and I had to wander in the dark.. Oh I was sooooo mad.. I always leave a night light on if I know he will come to bed a little later..

Oh and I have the feeling while I'm pregnant that he only thinks about himself. I always have to ask "could I also have ...?" "Did you bring cutlery just for yourself"
He actually is not that kind of person. He always thinks about me and DS..

mampam Fri 18-Jul-14 10:04:02

Definitely agree with the breathing and the smelly breath.

Another thing that really irritates me about DH is that I go up to bed first and he follows after he's let the dog out, made a drink and feeds the fish..............BUT...............how does this all take about 1/2 hour to do? And why does he have to do it so loudly? Last night it sounded like he managed to drop the lid off the fish tank and by the time he came to bed I was absolutely wide awake.

The night time drinking drives me insane. The way he noisily gulps it in the night and because he can sip and drinks loads at a time he disturbs me when he keeps getting up for a pee angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now