Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Driving myself mad - symptoms all gone

(16 Posts)
freneticfox Sat 12-Jul-14 11:58:40

I'm at 9+4 and until two days ago, my MS was AWFUL. I wasn't actually being sick, but every night from around 9pm I had crippling nausea that had me constantly dashing for the loo only for nothing to happen. My breasts were also incredibly tender and rather... bloated shall we say!

Over the last few days my symptoms have eased, which I was initially really pleased about, but of course I'm now worried after a friend told me she had a MMC at 9 weeks, and didn't find out until her dating scan. My scan isn't for another three weeks - my MW said if I have no pain or bleeding then there's no reason to scan me. I had a private scan at 8w, which showed a heartbeat and all normal.

Am I worrying pointlessly? Should I have pushed for more help from the EPU?

First DC, and everything is so, so new and I just want it all to be well. The fact my symptoms were quite intense and then tapered off is a bit concerning to me. Please be gentle!

Missingcaffeine Sat 12-Jul-14 14:11:47

I was exactly the same, to the point I though I must have either got my dates wrong (as last period very light) or something was wrong. I was hysterically upset with worry and ending up having a private scan. I was 9 weeks on scan and all was well and has been since. The sickness did return though, and was intermittent and slowly got less frequent and less severe and finally went away at 14 weeks. Enjoy not feeling sick!

ACM88 Sat 12-Jul-14 14:16:13

Unless you have bleeding or pain, I wouldn't worry. Ever week was different for me, I've just reached 12week mark,and both nausea and tiredness have nearly gone. Week 9 was the worst for sickness for me!

Take it easy, eat your 5 a day, enjoy the sickness break!

LBNM19 Sat 12-Jul-14 14:46:41

This happened with my first pregnancy, I had sickness for 10 weeks and it just stopped literally I was really panicking so I went to the epu said I was really worried and they scanned me smile everything was fine but I understand your worry. Xx

freneticfox Sat 12-Jul-14 16:20:59

I'm quite happy for the sickness to stay away, just taken aback that other symptoms have gone away as well!

Three weeks is going to be a long ol' wait!

Happilymarried155 Sat 12-Jul-14 16:46:57

I'm 9 weeks and had a couple of days last week that I felt much better and not sick at all. Came back this morning. I've read so much about this and I think it's all totally normal. Plus if you saw the heartbeat you have even more chance that everything is fine! X

freneticfox Sat 12-Jul-14 17:18:13

I hope you're right. I'm going away for a week on Monday and I just want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying :/

Missingcaffeine Sat 12-Jul-14 18:01:59

Statistially, if you had a scan at 8 weeks with a heartbeat, your chances of a miscarrying are tiny - almost as low as once you've had your dating scan at 12 weeks. I can't remember the exact stats, but I'm sure it was less than 5% risk of miscarriage if HB seen at 8 weeks (which is a dramatic statical plummet from most people's stats at 8 weeks).

Your sickness and symptoms going at 9 weeks can be completely normal. I was exactly in the same place as you at 9 weeks, as heard this was supposed to the be the worst week, just I hadn't had the 8 week scan so was extra panicky and got a private 9 week scan. I posted a similar posting and got lots of reassurance.

freneticfox Sat 12-Jul-14 18:38:21

Thank you for the reassurance; I think I was expecting this to be the worst week based on what others have said - but I found week 7-8 was the absolute worst for me.

I'll be 10w on Tues

Pregnantagain7 Sat 12-Jul-14 19:13:01

At 10 weeks it was like someone flicked a switch, the symptoms just stopped. I was still tired in the evenings but i was before being pregnant. Try not to worry at around this time the placenta takes over and starts nourishing your baby rather than it taking everything from you. It's totally normal, enjoy this bit it's the nicest part. Im 27 weeks and am starting to feel uncomfortable and slowing down a bit.

misog2000 Sun 13-Jul-14 19:12:49

I'm another one who lost all symptoms at 10w, in fact I went from feeling awful to feeling pretty good. Currently 29+4 and being vigorously kicked in the bladder so all was fine for me. I know it's worrying but try and enjoy feeling better as chances are everything is fine smile

freneticfox Sun 13-Jul-14 20:43:31

Thank you so much for the reassurance.

It's not like I'm symptom-free completely.. I'm tired all the time and I'm covered in spots (I'm usually very lucky with clear skin!)

I just can't quite fathom that I'm meant to be feeling rubbish for at least another four weeks... guess I should be grateful smile

liesal79 Wed 16-Jul-14 15:34:12

I was the same, I had a 8 week scan and then a week to 2 weeks later, everything stopped being so horrid! Apart from my boobs still hurting but not as bad, Convinced myself there was something wrong - turns out at the dating scan, I was 2 weeks further on than they thought! And its perfectly normal! Its also perfectly normal to worry! smile

youbuggerz Sun 20-Jul-14 20:04:21

Mine was the same and you should see my bump now!!!

beebop100 Mon 21-Jul-14 01:58:28

Mine disappeared completely at 9+4, I'm now 19 weeks, they never returned x

Heatherbell1978 Mon 21-Jul-14 06:58:59

I think the fact you had a scan at 8wk and there was a heartbeat is very reassuring. My nausea lasted until about wk 13 and peaked about week 8/9 but I remember googling in a bit of a panic at week 10 when I didn't have nausea for 2 mornings in a row.....it did return! So doesn't necessarily mean your symptoms won't come back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now