Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

AIBU-betrayed a bit. WWYD?

(6 Posts)
MrsCK Fri 11-Jul-14 17:14:40

Two friends at work today blabbed and now people know I'm pregnant. This was despite me being very clear I do not want people to know yet. I'm 11+3 and have a scan next Thursday. I have already seen hb at an early scan. I'm tempted to announce on fb this weekend to prevent gossiping any further at work. I'd hate people to come up to me, congratulating me when I haven't told them. This is what happened today and I was left confused and cross! what would you do?

woodwaj Fri 11-Jul-14 19:24:25

You must be really peeved. Personally id wait till the scan and announce it officially on my own terms otherwise you will always think of them when you think about when you told people

Lilaclily Fri 11-Jul-14 19:28:03

well at least you know who not to tell next time sad

CanaryYellow Fri 11-Jul-14 19:34:26

If you don't want anyone to know you're pregnant then you've now learned that rule number 1 is... Don't tell anyone you're pregnant!

It's out now, so you might as well tell the important people, people that you really want to hear it from you and not via someone else.

MrsCK Sat 12-Jul-14 06:05:11

Thanks. yup pretty peeved...We are going to tell people this weekend including a fb message. I'd rather tell them than have them find out through whispers.

Unfortunately I couldn't get away with not telling those people who blabbed. They are colleagues who would have been told by my boss...she had to know for sickness reasons.

woodwaj Sat 12-Jul-14 08:20:54

Id be reminding my boss about confidentiality on Monday morning. Enjoy sharing your lovely news x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now