Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Self Employed Maternity brain fog

(7 Posts)
LondonJen Tue 15-Jul-14 12:08:20

Hello, I think this is what you're after? https://www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/how-to-claim

I just filled it out last week myself

JennyBlueWren Tue 15-Jul-14 12:07:24
JennyBlueWren Tue 15-Jul-14 12:06:14
ruth1104 Tue 15-Jul-14 11:55:00

Hmm thanks but actually no, I remember seeing a specific page for people who are self employed has anyone else seen it? Why does HMRC website have to be so hard to navigate!?

toriaplum Fri 11-Jul-14 15:09:45
juneavrile Fri 11-Jul-14 14:19:37

I don't have a link, but it's maternity allowance. You get a form from the job centre and send it off once you're 26 weeks. I found this info on a government website.

ruth1104 Fri 11-Jul-14 13:54:08

I had this all very clear in my head when I was about 11 weeks, I went to citizens advice and everything and now I'm foggy and can't for the life of me find the link on the HMRC website (despite many searches) I am partially self employed, paying class 2 contributions so should be entitled to the maximum you can have whilst self employed, right? Is that called Maternity Pay or Maternity Allowance? Does anyone have the link to where I find out how to claim it, and know when that needs to happen? I am now 26 weeks. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now