Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stocking up on nappies - help!

(31 Posts)
mrsgembles Fri 11-Jul-14 13:10:17

I'm a FTM and I have no idea how many of what size Pampers I should get for my newborn. Size 1 seems TINY! I was thinking a couple of packs of size 1 and a couple of boxes of size 2, does that sound reasonable? Help a clueless mama out!

Heatherbell1978 Sat 12-Jul-14 12:42:19

I'm 35 wks and have actually bought 2 boxes of Pampers Newborn from Amazon. I got them for about £8 for 74 which I thought was pretty good. My friends used them and recommended them. Plus they say you can get through about 90 in first week so I was keen to have enough for at least first week at home. If I need to buy a different brand then so be it but I like being prepared!

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 12-Jul-14 14:28:36

With first I stocked up from sz 1-5 when saw on offer when pregnant whilst had a full wage and used every branded n supermarket brand there is and no issues for baby we obviously had to buy more but was nice not having to buy at full cost ever always brought more on offer.

This one is due Nov n started to buy nappies now just sz 2+3 as that's what been on offer.

mrsgembles Sat 12-Jul-14 15:40:48

We have an Amazon Prime nappy subscription (husband is a Prime member anyway, for work) which price checks against supermarkets' own brands and beats/matches them, so I'm not too bothered about buying Pampers - all my friends recommended them! I just can't work out which sizes to get!

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 12-Jul-14 19:14:34

I would get 200 sz1 and 200 sz 2 to start. Sz 3 and 4 buy as many as u can store when see on offer.

Aldi currently have boxes of sz 3-5 for £6.20 and sz 3 has 98 nappies in it.

Sz 1 aldi nappies are 1.49 for 24pk and in Emma diary pregnancy pk u get a 50% off voucher for them.

mrsgembles Sat 12-Jul-14 19:23:02

There are no Aldi's near me and I don't have a car!

Heatherbell1978 Sun 13-Jul-14 21:46:03

I've just bought size 1 (about 150 of them). The pack says 4 to 11 lbs so I guess that covers most newborn sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now