Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

overweight and having an early scan

(4 Posts)
Bondy83 Wed 09-Jul-14 21:32:16

Im currently a size 16 bmi 30 and having an early scan next week after suffering a miscarriage last year.I should be around 9 weeks when I have my scan but I'm worried that due to my size they wont be able to see much. Im paying private for this scan they only do abdominal scans so an internal scan isn't available if they can't see anything. Has anyone else gone through anything similar?

goodasitgets Wed 09-Jul-14 21:34:33

I had a scan at 7 weeks or so, size 16 and external scan with no problem at all

tryingtocatchthewind Wed 09-Jul-14 21:35:55

I had a ten week private scan, my BMI was 32 and the pictures were very clear.

Bondy83 Wed 09-Jul-14 21:42:01

Thanks for that put my mind at ease. Think im just over thinking things, my last pregnancy was a missed miscarriage I found out on my 12wk scan there was just a sac nothing else they sent me a away for 2 long weeks to see if I was just earlier than thought and see if anything developed. This was the worst 2 weeks of my life don't think I can cope again if they're unsure of a hb and have to wait again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now