Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

no growth in 3 weeks,

(6 Posts)
frankiebuns Wed 09-Jul-14 19:56:50

Saw my midwife today and shed measured my bump and I'm still measuring what I was 3 weeks ago. I'm now 33 weeks I'm small not really put on much weight aprx a stone. I have a 34 week growth scan but I am now bricking my self as I was due to have c section on 18/8 will they bring it forward if she's tiny or will they leave her in. I'm confused scared and panicing as I'm not ready

eurochick Wed 09-Jul-14 20:01:08

Hi there. I'm in a similar position - I'm 32+6 and my baby is still growing but more slowly than it should, and I am measuring about 3 weeks behind. The cause for mine was spotted at 28 weeks - the blood flow to my placenta is not right. I have been having doppler and growth scans since then to keep an eye on things. From what I have heard, if your baby is just small but still growing and the placenta is working, they will probably leave him or her in as long as possible. If growth has stopped or there is a problem with the placenta they should monitor you very closely and they might get the baby out soon.

I'm sorry to hear you're so worried, what did your midwife say ? Was she reassuring at all ?

frankiebuns Wed 09-Jul-14 20:46:11

Its only just been picked up although I have been behind with sizings but only by a week I just dnt feel like I'm growing I still look just fat! She was reassuring but matter of fact in a nice way! She said it all rests on this scan and what the consultants say that afternoon, midwife reckons 5lb 5 ish and is ok very laid back about all of it! I think its all sunk in now that she could be here in 2 weeks. Midwife thinks its my bp has sumthing to do with it, and placenta not being great! I had a 4d private scan at 28 weeks and midwife said oooohs she's a diddy one! But no one has said a size I was always sure of my dates as h2b works away and we know those dates have to be right so she's always been small they say dates are 2 weeks out huh yeah right I think if they are its an a long distance conception

Sconeintheoven Wed 09-Jul-14 20:47:57

I've just had a similar thing. Now 37 weeks and minimal growth in the last 3 weeks according to midwife's tape measure so was sent for growth scan today and all looks fine and measurements are normal.
The tape measure is not the most reliable guage and a scan supersedes it. I would wait until you have scan before you start panicking - but I know is hard!

frankiebuns Wed 09-Jul-14 21:14:18

Yep, I'm trying not too but its hard , midwife can grab hold of baby and she's sure she's right been doing this for 25 years and knows her stuff. I need to cry my h2b and fil are being great and totally reassuring me about everything and are totally laid back about things I'm already panicing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now