Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Swollen ankles and itchy rash

(8 Posts)
Dizzywhore Wed 09-Jul-14 18:04:47

For the last week Iv had a itchy rash and my ankles now they are both swollen. I'm 39+1 weeks. Should I be worried? Not seeing the midwife again until next Monday.

TheOriginalWinkly Wed 09-Jul-14 18:10:44

I would give your labour ward a ring now. They will probably want to check you over to make sure everything is ok.

Dizzywhore Wed 09-Jul-14 19:45:20

I have just called them they told me just to see my gp tomorrow as my hand and face aren't swollen and I don't have a head ache. I Itching is driving my crazy!

TheOriginalWinkly Thu 10-Jul-14 16:44:02

Have you seen the GP? Hope everything was ok.

Lozmatoz Thu 10-Jul-14 18:28:37

Very important to get itching checked. Call labour ward ASAP.

Seriouslyffs Thu 10-Jul-14 18:33:17

Call the labour ward and ask for a liver function test. Itchiness can be serious.

Dizzywhore Thu 10-Jul-14 22:41:06

Hi all. Saw gp today. Very unhelpful! She wasn't worried about swollen ankles and my BP was fine which was good. The itchy rash she said was nothing to worry about either and said she give me cream. It looks like Iv got a urine infection which Iv got tables for. There was also protein in my urine. But she didn't seem worried. Might call midwife tomorrow.

Seriouslyffs Fri 11-Jul-14 09:21:28

I'm on your case dizzy!
Let us know how you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now