Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exhaustion in first trimester..does it get better?

(6 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:25:43

Hi everyone,

I'm just over 8 weeks and eating and sleeping ALL the time, I know I shouldn't complain because so far I've been lucky and not had morning sickness. But the lack of energy is getting me down as I struggle to do anything and having to sleep most afternoons if I can. It just seems to be getting worse?! Last night I slept throughout the night from 10-8 and by 11 I needed to sleep again for almost 2 hours! Does it get better by the 2nd trimester? I hope so sad x

OldLadyKnowsSomething Wed 09-Jul-14 15:31:03

It did for me. Ds1 is 27 now, but I still recall the overwhelming exhaustion I felt every evening, after a day at work. I'd just fall asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours, didn't even have the energy to eat. It got much better in the second trimester. smile

Cherryblossom200 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:34:04

I hope so! I keep reading about the 2nd trimester being easier, but I worry I'll be exhausted throughout! I can't even exercise which is the worst past for me. Anyway I'm going to stop complaining, just today it's really annoying me!!

HappyAsASandboy Wed 09-Jul-14 15:34:05

Yes, it really does get better.

For me it got worse and worse until week 9/10 and then suddenly improved. I literally went from not being able to drag myself through the day during week 9 to being mostly normal in week 10 smile

Hang on in there, you'll wake up a bit soon!

Happilymarried155 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:34:55

Cherry I'm the same as you. I'm so tired all of the time and any afternoons I have off are spent in bed! I'm hoping I won't feel so tired so and I know it will all be worth it in the end! X

Cherryblossom200 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:46:09

It really is doing my head in at the moment! Everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling and I just keep complaining about how exhausted I am! I feeling like a moany old woman ha. Today I went to the bank in some kind of zombie daze trying to put in my card sec number at the cashier desk, I put it in wrong twice. I almost had an argument with the poor woman about how her machine was wrong. I then realised I was the whole time putting in a differrent code and promptly apologised. I don't think I have baby brain I'm just really tired sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now