Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sorry to do this...but what was/is your discharge like at 11 weeks?

(10 Posts)
YouMaySayImADreamer Tue 08-Jul-14 20:42:19

I am currently just over 11 weeks pregnant and getting a bit hmm about the discharge i'm having compared to what I have read it should be like.

Way way tmi, but since I found out I was pregnant I have had a lot of thickish white discharge which sort of comes out in small lumps which are sticky and stretch out if pulled. A bit like when pva glue dries on your fingers - that sort of sticky consistency. It has a very slight tinge of yellow but looks white when it dries. It doesn't smell nasty at all and actually smells quite sweet. Have had absolutely no soreness or itching.

This type of discharge isnt completely new to me, I have seen it before when not pregnant at different times of my cycle.

I am worried that I dont have the typical thin, white milky discharge I have read about and worried that it means something is wrong.

I do worry a lot and especially worry because the month before I became pg I had an early loss. I am toying with the idea of going to the gp but worried im being a hypochondriac.

Shared experiences or advice would be appreciated...im not squeamish!

Bimberley Tue 08-Jul-14 20:47:07

I'm 10 weeks and mindifferently as you describe.

Bimberley Tue 08-Jul-14 20:48:25

Oh god sorry I'm posting on phone. My discharge is exactly as you describe

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 08-Jul-14 20:49:10

Pretty normal in my experience. 24+4 now and still suffering from the sticky white stuff. And there's lots of it too at times have to check I've not peed myself a bit

I was worried about the amount/colour/texture too and went to GP to rule out an infection as I don't tend to get itchy with thrush. I'd say go see GP to be on safe side.

pinkcomet Tue 08-Jul-14 20:56:06

Hey, I'm 13+3 and have tons of discharge just like this. Reminds me of the glue they use to stick sachets of face cream in magazines! It's rank but perfectly normal smile

Pegglebot Tue 08-Jul-14 20:56:14

I had this through my first two pregnancies and (tmi) my knickers used to look awful by the end of the day. I'm now 9 weeks and it's much the same again, so as far as I'm concerned it's gross but normal.

CatFaceCrayola Tue 08-Jul-14 22:21:23

Yup. I'd say normal too. I'm 18 weeks and having to change knickers at least twice a day. The joys

seasavage Wed 09-Jul-14 11:51:15

From previous pregnancies. That would be normal for me. The balance of bacteria is going to be all over tbe place with the increased warmth/ moisture.
GP could probably put your mind at ease.

seasavage Wed 09-Jul-14 11:52:17

And i use liners every day already in this pregnancy.

YouMaySayImADreamer Wed 09-Jul-14 18:26:54

Phew I am so relieved to hear everyone who has answered has the same! I was expecting everyone to tell me it didn't sound normal. This is my second dc but I can't remember what it was like with my first.

I think seeings a lot of people have the same and as I have no other signs of infection I will wait and mention it to my midwife at my first appointment if I still feel worried. Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now