Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help - induction

(6 Posts)
Elllimam Tue 08-Jul-14 13:09:19

I am being induced on Thursday with my second baby. I have gestational diabetes and I will be 39 weeks. I was also induced with my first, the pitocin caused back to back contractions and I ended up with forceps and epidural. My main issue is the possible effects pitocin has on bonding. I struggled to bond the first time and I would hate it to happen again. Can I refuse pitocin? Or at least ask them to hold off? Sorry for the long post xx

Elllimam Wed 09-Jul-14 18:05:29

Help?

Thatsnotmyfigure Wed 09-Jul-14 20:13:58

Oh dear I don't know what pitocin is I'm afraid so I can't help, but try to talk to a midwife beforehand and get all the options out there so you can make an informed decision. The bonding could be totally different this time so try not to worry and good luck!

redexpat Wed 09-Jul-14 20:41:34

I'd definitely talk to the MW before you are induced. I dont know what pitocin is either! Some women seem to bond instantly with their babies, I didnt, but it didnt worry me because I knew I would over time. I was also induced, but I dont know if that had anything to do with it. I didnt feel any bond before DS was born. This time I've been really excited at scans and it just feels different. Is there a documented proven link between pitocin and bonding issues?

Diamondsareagirls Wed 09-Jul-14 21:04:43

Hi OP. You need to remember that you don't HAVE to have anything. I definitely agree that you need to talk to the midwife before the process starts and discuss your options.

EllaBella220 Wed 09-Jul-14 21:54:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now