Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant but had a period 19 days ago?!?

(20 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 09:51:23

I just got a BFP after 6 days of having song positive OPKs which I was using to see if I was OV-ing.

I came off the pill in May sometime to see what my periods were doing so we could start TTC around September. We have only DTD on 10 June then I had a proper period (for me) on 20-23 June, the only odd thing about it was that I had no period pains. Since then we have DTD a couple of times (27 June and 2 July) and I can't see how it would be a BFP from then???? I have zero symptoms like I've had in my last 2 successful pregnancies like sore breasts/food aversions but I do have constant tummy cramps all across my tummy at the bottom.

I have no idea what's going on?!?! Anyone??????

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 11:41:30

anyone?!?!? please! smile

Butterflyspring Tue 08-Jul-14 11:46:27

a test can show positive at 10 days after conception - so it is possible you are pregnant.

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 11:50:51

but I don't see how I could have ovulated 2 days after my period ended??

Thurlow Tue 08-Jul-14 11:52:56

That's when I do! Caught unawares by it as we we weren't tracking as we weren't TTC, but the only dates that make sense are if I am fertile immediately after my period.

It is early to know for certain but not all women are fertile on the average day 14, you could have ovulated on what would be day 7-8-ish.

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 11:55:38

but previously my periods/ov have been like clockwork, when I was trying for DD it was 26-28 day cycles and ov on days 14-16.

CroydonFacelift Tue 08-Jul-14 11:56:08

I got pregnant with DC1 the day after my period ended (CD6).

MirandaWest Tue 08-Jul-14 11:56:54

Sperm can hang around for a bit as well.

Bedofwool Tue 08-Jul-14 11:57:11

I ovulate 5-7 days after my period. It can happen.

Showy Tue 08-Jul-14 12:02:45

You can even ovulate before your period stops. Your body is still settling down from the pill and what your periods were once like has no bearing sometimes on what they are now.

You probably have one of two things happening. Either your last period wasn't a period and you were already pg (the opk would be positive if pg) or you're newly pg and ovulated early in your cycle.

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 12:07:32

the reason I think it's from the last cycle is because I took my first OPK on the 3rd and got a really strong positive straight away and if I had conceived on the 27th I would only have been 6dpo (and it wasn't even FMU) which sounds unlikely doesn't it?

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 13:17:33

So I just took a digital test and it says 2-3 weeks pregnant, I last DTD 10 days ago and then before that 28 days ago so I am even more confused, I wonder if its because its not FMU and I've been drinking loads as water so its not as strong and therefore should be 3 weeks+? Is this possible??

rosiegal Tue 08-Jul-14 13:54:43

Sounds like its possible your af 20-23 June could have been implantation? Especially as it occured around 2 weeks after dtd. Something very similar happened to me, I'd been off the pill since last September but af didnt arrive in December. I tested just before xmas but bfn so I assumed it was the pill messing with my cycle. I had 5 days of light af around 9th January and assumed it was af. I finally tested beginning of Feb and got my bfp, also did a clearblue digi which said 3+ weeks. I'm now 30wks so looking back my af was probably implantation because I would have conceived around new year.
So congratulations! Also I've heard OPKs will pick up the pregnancy hormone so if you were getting positives for ov its more likely to have been for the pregnancy smile

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 14:38:28

its so frustrating right now as I feel my emotions are in limbo until I get that scan! thanks for your responses though

HopefulMum111 Tue 08-Jul-14 15:30:05

Congratulations. I think you got pregnant 28 days ago - the conception indicator is from the date you implanted and started to produce HCG and this can be more than two weeks after ovulation. It sounds like you dtd 28 days ago, perhaps the sperm hung around a while until you ovulated, then you had three days of implantation bleeding (no pain was a dead giveaway for me) and are now having a baby!! Congratulations.

TerrysNo2 Tue 08-Jul-14 15:43:28

hopeful by name and hopeful by nature grin thanks, I will update after the scan. my tummy also feels huge at the moment, and usually when it's big I feel bloated too but I also popped out early with DD and this would be my 3rd DC.

HopefulMum111 Tue 08-Jul-14 17:33:24

Good luck with the scan. grin

TerrysNo2 Fri 11-Jul-14 20:25:17

just an update as promised, the pregnancy was ectopic so today had that and my left tube removed sad . Although I'm sad I did feel something wasn't quite right this time.

Hoping to recover now and TTC again when we feel ready. thanks all

CuriosityCola Fri 11-Jul-14 20:34:07

I was just about to post as your op reminded me of my ectopic. So sorry you have had to go through this.

I hope you are getting lots of real life support.

HopefulMum111 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:56:49

So sorry to hear that TerrysNo2. I hope you make a swift recovery and we hear you have successfully conceived again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now