Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fetal Doppler - What week did you find heartbeat?

(14 Posts)
LuckyAugust Mon 07-Jul-14 20:47:58

Hi everyone, just as title says really. Curious to know how many weeks you were when you first located your little ones heartbeat and was in no doubt this was the heartbeat (as opposed to not being sure blush )

LuckyAugust Mon 07-Jul-14 20:50:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cloud10 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:21:09

I've got the sonoline one and I found it at about 14 weeks. Took me ages though! I kept finding mine, but when you hear the baby you will know as it's much faster! Don't be worried if you can't find it yet though, it is quite difficult. I find it and then lose it quickly as it moves around so much!

Observer78 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:25:30

Please don't treat dopplers as anything other than fun.

Alb1 Tue 08-Jul-14 00:27:26

12 weeks, had been trying from 9 weeks tho, watched a lot of YouTube videos to make sure I had it right

doobeedee Tue 08-Jul-14 16:25:12

11 weeks with the Angle care (first time I tried). Remember when it's that early, point the Doppler down behind your pubic bone and move it around a tiny bit at a time (so tiny it's barely moving) tilting it to different angles as you go.

LuckyAugust Tue 08-Jul-14 16:30:37

Thanks everyone smile smile

EllenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Jul-14 21:37:05

Hi all. Just to let you know that we edited the title of this thread with the OP's consent - so as not to promote one brand of machine over another.
Thanks and congrats to y'all flowers

Bumpforme2014 Tue 08-Jul-14 21:46:15

9 weeks, but apparently that is unusually early.

Bumpforme2014 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:45:32

I meant 12 weeks, was trying from 9'but took until 12

LuckyAugust Tue 08-Jul-14 22:48:47

Thanks bump. I'm only 8+2 and no in my head realistically I won't find anything yet but was keen to hear other opinions. Will put the doppler at the back of the drawer for a good few more weeks..........

MummytoMog Wed 09-Jul-14 11:42:45

16 weeks first time, 11 weeks second time and this one from 9 weeks.

I have mad doppler skillz though. I tried once a week from about 8 weeks, for around ten minutes then stopped and put it away for another week. The gel makes a lot of difference, don't scrimp on it, slather the stuff on. Low down on the pubic bone, press hard and angle into the uterus. Listen to youtube videos so you know what you're looking for. I have a lovely record of this one's heartrate from when I first picked it up at 182 bpm to when I stopped checking on her (when she started moving a lot) at 156 bpm. I also time rather than rely on the monitor on the doppler, I find it more accurate. So when I've got it, I count beats for twenty seconds then times it by three. Repeat a few times and take the average.

liesal79 Wed 09-Jul-14 13:46:28

Just as a word of warning, I had 2 midwifes try last week, and my Placenta is in the way, all you could hear was the whooshing of that. I got myself all worked up, and had to go to the EPC and then another midwife tried - still no and then I had a scan! Placenta was clearly there as was the baby...hiding underneath! so please don't try unless you know you are not going to panic!!!

petitverdot Wed 09-Jul-14 16:23:02

liesal mine is the same - you can just about make out the heartbeat in the background but the bloomin' placenta is pretty much drowning everything out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now