Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dry mouth, especially in the evening/ at night

(9 Posts)
JFlo Sun 13-Jul-14 18:30:51

The water sets off the heartburn... not being thirsty!

JFlo Sun 13-Jul-14 18:29:57

I was the same too! Still get it at night... and then some nights it sets off my heartburn (can't win!). I find that just water doesn't always do it for me so agree maybe vary the drinks you have. smile

Diamondsareagirls Sun 13-Jul-14 17:20:13

I had exactly the same with my pregnancy. Just keep drinking plenty.

Alb1 Fri 11-Jul-14 01:39:12

Iv been the same from about 6 weeks, and I'm almost 33 now, wake up several times very single night just cos I'm so thirsty (and now also due to heartburn) my midwife hasn't seemed concerned and I havnt had any problems with dehydration so far

mylittlemonkey Thu 10-Jul-14 19:47:14

I have been the same for about a month now ams have now started going to bed with two big glasses of water beside my bed. I will get up2 to 3 times in the night for water. I do find though that the more I drink in the day the less I need at night.

AbsoluteCarine Fri 04-Jul-14 14:41:16

Have you tried drinking something other than water?
I find that water sometimes doesn't help with thirst and fizzy drinks (sparkling water or juices) help.

cathpip Fri 04-Jul-14 05:53:33

Mention to your midwife, but if it helps I had exactly the same problem in all three of my pregnancies.

porcito Fri 04-Jul-14 05:38:05

I've had the same for the past few days too, at 26 weeks. Can't help you much but just wanted to sympathise!

I keep waking up with such a dry throat, ugh, as if I needed any more reasons to be woken up! I'm in Mexico and we've gone from hot to rain, maybe it's the change?

I think as long as you feel fine apart from that, you should be fine, just drink as much as your body's telling you. I had a UTI which I don't think helped, but was drinking 4-5 litres a day. Normally I have to force myself. Someone told me a good test was to pinch your skin on the back of your hand - if it goes back, you're hydrated enough. Probably not the most scientific advice!

hartmel Fri 04-Jul-14 03:18:18

I noticed in the last couple days that my mouth and throat are constantly dry and I drink a lot. Especially at night, I wake up because my mouth feels dry and can't go back to sleep until I drink some water..
Yesterday I noticed it started during the day. I drank an entire bottle of water (500 ml) and I still had a dry mouth and throat...

Should I be worried about being dehydrated?
I'm 24 weeks pregnant.

Oh and I live in America so the last couple days we had a lot of rain. So I can't blame it to be hot..

Thanks in advance for the answers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now