Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Are strawberries bad???'

(13 Posts)
mrsgembles Fri 27-Jun-14 18:15:32

... is the best stupid thing I've read on my American pregnancy app forum today.

Anybody got any other humdingers? I need cheering up!

But strawberries are bad!

They keep smothering themselves with cream and throwing themselves in my mouth sad

Strawberries are evil.

grin

mrsgembles Fri 27-Jun-14 18:18:42

I replied and said they make babies ugly and give you cancer. Bad Gembles.

KitKat1985 Fri 27-Jun-14 18:19:49

Haha, on my phone pregnancy app it's 'daily tip' when I was about 6 weeks pregnant was 'don't forget to mention to your partner that you are pregnant'! As though that's something you would forget to mention! grin

grin excellent work.

strawberryjam Fri 27-Jun-14 18:36:09

I have a similar issue, strawberries are evil they keep creeping into my mouth smothered in cream and little bit of sugar. Not helping my pregnancy at all

MrsMonkeyBear Fri 27-Jun-14 18:42:02

"Can you get food poisoning from touching raw chicken whilst pregnant?"

I would be out of a job if I couldn't touch food and I'm sure thousands of kids and husbands would starve too!!!

twiglet2 Fri 27-Jun-14 19:55:12

My app told me to go and buy an suv at 9 weeks, and at 11 weeks said I should be decorating the nursery and having a baby shower. All before I'd had my first scan... needless to say it got deleted pretty quickly.

mrsgembles Fri 27-Jun-14 19:59:50

One woman asked if it was okay to have soy sauce on her noodles, because she'd heard soy products made boy babies gay! grin

Another woman thinks her baby kicks her because it's hungry. She posted to ask if it was 'cruel' to have a lie-in because her baby would have to wait for breakfast! She GREW a placenta, how can she not know how it works?!

I've always thought this should be applicable

Link for if the writing is too small

Eastwiththem Fri 27-Jun-14 21:09:25

Not really a totally dumb question but I saw a post the other day titled "Baby spazzing out" which was a goldmine of non-pc language. On a UK thread they all would have been totally ripped apart but no one even commented on the word choice.

Pregnantagain7 Fri 27-Jun-14 21:13:21

There is one pregnancy site sorry can't remember which one which every week tells you your baby is the size of a ... Really random fruit or vegetable.
This week your baby is the size of a cantaloupe melon wtf !!! I've never even heard of some of the vegetables smile

mrsgembles Fri 27-Jun-14 21:31:16

I've just seen a nursery decorated with antlers, Bambis and phrases such as 'Rifles, racks and deer tracks, that's what little boys are made of!' and 'To go to sleep I count antlers not sheep!' shock shock shock

I hope he grows up to be a drag queen and replaces it all with feather boas and glitter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now